CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

31st August 2012, 07:17
I hope you have an absolutely splendid birthday, Marty, with lots of love, fun and laughter.

Your cake is chocolate fudge, layered with ganache. The decoration is entirely in black and white. On top is, naturally, a crossword grid; the AB style clues are on the cake sides. A funnily-shaped inkwell containing a "quill" pen with edible ink sits on the top right hand corner of the cake. The quill is one of the beautiful metallic feathers from a magpie.

In best "Listener" tradition, some clues are missing (actually because there isn't much space for them and I'm lazy!) When the grid is complete, the crossing letters will spell out a message.

A further complication is 3 marzipan models of magpies on top of the cake, obscuring parts of the grid. Be careful if you decide to eat them, as the legs contain dry sphagetti!
(Perhaps I should explain that I believe Marty is a Newcastle United fan, and he Ok'd a thread today)
It's a beautiful day here, I hope it is where you are
Roz
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

31st August 2012, 09:34
Happy Bathday, BBM!
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st August 2012, 09:38
Have a good one, BBM2
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

31st August 2012, 11:01
Wow , if I'd known about that cake I would have done without the full English which I have just devoured at the local caff ...
As ever you're much too kind , Rosalind !
All forum members are invited to take a slice and a small medicinal sherry to wash it down .
Thanks for the good wishes guys - its good to know there's some great people out there :)
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

paul

31st August 2012, 11:03
Happy birthday Marty!
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

ixion

31st August 2012, 11:37
Happy Birthday BBM2, hope you're a bit less grumpy than I was on reaching that particular milestone.
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st August 2012, 11:41
♫ Happy Birthday ♫ Marty

http://www.wishyoucard.com/assets/cards/heart/Marty.jpg
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

pastille

31st August 2012, 14:54
HAPPY BIRTHDAY....

You are still a child, and please remember the unwritten rule....that any birthday with a zero at the end is an all year celebration.

I will not even try to compete with Rosiland's cake,( which is delicious by the way....eh I had two slices sorry.)but sends warmest thoughts to you and yours. X

P@

8 of 33  -   Report This Post

emrach

31st August 2012, 15:08
A very Happy Birthday I hope you get spoilt :)
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

31st August 2012, 15:39
Fifty? FIFTY? Oh, how dull; life will be far more interesting in the next few years- though I doubt Rosalind's cakes could get any better.
10 of 33  -   Report This Post