CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wendy

23rd August 2012, 10:41
So sorry I've been AWOL but am now able to put in an appearance at last!

I see Les is touting for trade for the September puzzle but must say no thanks again this month Les but I will look out for it when it's published. All should be back to normal by October then hopefully I can participate again.

Meanwhile, our pair of terrors is ruling the household. Sadly they are eating everything in the garden that moves and have decimated our blackbird population. They have created two "lairs" for themselves. One is under the stairs in the hallway where one can find everything which is missing i.e. the scrubbing brush, half a pair of socks, knickers stolen from ironing basket, pencils, erasers and pencil-sharpeners, dried flowers and the many tissues which get stolen from the box. In the garden, various unsuspecting rodents, birds and butterflies are swiftly and silently put to death then dragged into the lair underneath a huge clematis plant to be devoured at their leisure.

At enormous expense (well, fairly enormous anyway) we have had a cat flap installed. Do they use it? Well what do you think! I've tried tempting them with DREAMIES (their favourite snack) and lots of coaxing noises but they just sit and look at it.

They're now 9 months old and I keep telling them if they ever want to reach their first birthday they'd better sharpen up their ideas!

I'm now off to have a nose around the site in the hope that all old chums are well and thriving.

I'll leave you with a little piece of film which was sent to me yesterday. I hope the link works.

http://www.slothster.com/2352-Cat-On-Boat-Plays-With-Dolphins.html
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd August 2012, 11:20
Hi Wendy
We have discovered that you actually need to PUSH the cat through the catflap the first few times - they soon get the hang of it.
A friend installed the type that recognises a magnet on the cat's collar, to prevent "foreign" cats gaining entry. Unfortunately the cat in question was quite a small kitten, and she came down one morning to find it stuck to the fridge! (The kitten recovered from the experience.)
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd August 2012, 12:35
Pleased to see you and the cats are well.
Thanks for sharing the link. Loved it. J
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

23rd August 2012, 13:26
Hi Wendy, welcome back. Such a cute video, thanks. mrs t
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

23rd August 2012, 15:31
Hi Wendy - you've been missed. Stand by for a woo-fest when pastille find out....
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

barrycat

23rd August 2012, 18:17
Hi Wendy. Nice to have you back. Thank you for the wonderful story of the kittens. My cats never used the catflap, not when they had two eejits to act as doormen.

*chrise* I am still laughing out loud at the thought of the kitten doing an impression of a fridge magnet.

Thank you both for the laughs.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th August 2012, 10:58
Wooooooowooooooooo......nearly missed this!

The wanderer returns ...welcome back Wendy.

Love cat tales.....have to go out, but I like Arnie will be back....
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th August 2012, 20:56
@ Wendy I was going to say ....if sallyw was to come out of semi retirement ( but I see she is still with us ...hooray !) The Three Harpies could have a reunion ....could the world cope?

P@
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

24th August 2012, 21:42
....and another thing....bought our local rag today and there was a very naked man on the front page....no not prince Harry.....the naked rambler, poor man was up in court again.

Wish they would just let him ramble...

...anyone heard from rambler recently???
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

24th August 2012, 21:46
Didn't realise that the naked rambler was in trouble again - has there been a cover-up ?
10 of 18  -   Report This Post