CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

16th July 2012, 09:17
20dn Give authority to a rising Middle East nation (7)
I have E?P?W?R
It can pnly be EMPOWER. I see the definition ("give authority to"), but I can't see any Middle East nations, rising or otherwise! Can anyone explain, please?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

16th July 2012, 09:30
I think'rising Middle East' is ME (Middle East, going backwards) and 'nation' is Power. It's not a very good clue, I feel!
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th July 2012, 09:38
Thanks malone - more than one rather feeble one today!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th July 2012, 09:45
Indeed, Chris -- you took the words right out of my mouth!
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th July 2012, 09:47
Good morning, greedy kite. There is quite a lot of moderatley unfavourable comment on the Guardian site:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords
if you don't know it - but of course you do, that's where you get yours from, isn't it?
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th July 2012, 19:14
Sorry, been away most of the day watching Tour de France very near here again.Yes, I know the site, and am not surprised at Rufus' unpopularity. Let's hope for better tomorrow!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th July 2012, 07:52
Godd morning gk.I followed yesterday's stage off and on on TV - not the most gripping. Looking forward to Wednesday and Thursday. We've driven over tomorrow's passes - the Aubisque is lovely, but the Tourmalet is like an industrial wasteland! - I blame skiing.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post