CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

11th July 2012, 00:11

I feel you are quite a funny man.
I wonder if you're as good as you say and would you be up for a challenge as you speak of crossword puzzles in a vain of such simplicity.
In about two weeks, me and the guys (and dolls) on here will be busy with the compilation of the August Joint Effort, a cheeky little number with an air of (sometimes) impertinence.
My proposal is that when I have got it ready, and it is published on here, that you send me your (scanned) completed grid to my email address within 24 hours to prove to us that you are really as sharp as you say.
This is not an impossible task, as some of our forum folks have achieved this with past grids.
It's very easy to say you have finished whatever broadsheet puzzle within a certain time because who is to actually know if you have or not. With the Joint Effort, you have no way of gleaning the answers from another source.
If you accept and complete the challenge, then you are truly a maestro of cryptic genious in your own right, and I will certainly recognise this and doff my cap to you.

So, Quixote, I throw down the gauntlet.

The question is, are you going to pick it up and receive the challenge willingly.

No frivolous banter please Quixote, a simple YES or NO
1 of 1  -   Report This Post