CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrw

10th July 2012, 16:36
I'm so pleased for you both. What a relief it must have been. Sincere best wishes to both of you.
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th July 2012, 16:53
That is wonderful news, even though I am not usually about on a Tuesday , they just not been the same without you....please pass on a cuddle to Helen.

...off to have a quick go at 5@5.

X
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

phillip

10th July 2012, 17:00
glad to hear things are really looking up Jolan.

1. crack.
2. apologist.
3. a stitch in time.
4. seacock.
5. gone for a burton.
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

rosalind

10th July 2012, 17:01
3 A stitch in time saves nine
5 Gone for a Burton (like Liz)
Can't do the others!
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

rosalind

10th July 2012, 17:02
Sorry, "saves nine" was meant to be in brackets
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

peterm

Excellent news, Jolan. I'm so pleased for you both.

I've got craic for 1, but otherwise the same as phillip.
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

Phillip just got in first with all 5 ---but much more important, fantastic news for you & all of us!I know what that scare means.Hope & pray things continue to go well for both of you!
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

mrw

10th July 2012, 17:06
Got 4 of them couldn't get No2.
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

jolan

10th July 2012, 17:10
Once again, a mighty big THANK YOU to everyone. I'm so touched. P@, gave her thatcuddle (think she almost died of shock LOL).
Yes Phillip, good going. Re 1, it just 'sounds like' CRACK but it's actually CRAIC as Peterm mentions. Well done too, Ros. I include my working below for completion:-

1, homophone (get) of ‘report’ = crack, sounds like CRAIC = enjoyable activity .. etc.
2. game = POLO; a soldier’s temperature = A GI’S T; a (polo) gist = APOLOGIST = defender
3. saying = A STITCH IN TIME (saves nine)
4. SEACOCK (cryptic – a play on weathercock); ‘in the main’ covers the valve being in a ship.
5. anag (relocate) of “Bren gun to a roof” yielding GONE FOR A BURTON = missing (Chambers)

Bless

J
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th July 2012, 17:10
Got the same as Rosiland...very pleased as I didn't have long...

....weeds, don't talk to me about weeds. On the allotment they are " oklahoma" sized...as in as high as an elephants eye...and the ground is still soaking. At least on an extinct volcano there is not much chance of flooding , a landslide maybe.

20 of 26  -   Report This Post