CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

20th June 2012, 14:25
Good afternoon,

just home from a trip in to town to get my hair cut...lovely isn't it.

Spotted thatThe Works Bookshop ( I am assuming they are a chain store) are selling Chambers 11th edition dictionary for £9.99 down from £40.

Sounds like a bargain to me....

P@
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

les40

20th June 2012, 14:36
Rip their hand of at that price pastille, i bought a brand new 11th Edition not 12 months ago and it was 40 quid because my 1993 version was literally dropping to bits.
I do know that the 12th Edition is out from liaising with AB over the Joint Effort and he has just purchased one, that's maybe why the're selling them off for a tenner.

If you do buy one, a tip is, keep the outer cover on it and seelotape it down cus the binding doesn't last at all on these books if it's without a cover. The spine part of the hard cardboard cover on mine has already disappeared.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

20th June 2012, 14:42
I've got the 12th Edition (after a carefully orchestrated pre-Christmas whispering campaign), but keep my battered old 11th edition paperback as my 'upstairs' dictionary. At that price, you'd be silly not to.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

20th June 2012, 14:44
Forgot to say -- that haircut takes ten years off you p@. You could be 18 again...
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

rossim

20th June 2012, 15:14
Can someone explain why I keep getting BodyGroom Pro adverts - trims and shaves all over? I am not particularly hairy, in fact quite the opposite. Maybe they were trying to target Pastille to save the journey to town for a haircut.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

phillip

20th June 2012, 15:18
I believe that THEY target us individually with adverts that they think will appeal to us personally. they do this by tracking the websites you visit. So rossim, spend a bit less time looking at pics of girls from brazil!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th June 2012, 16:23
Went back into town with my dolly trolley and am now the proud owner of a " Chambers".

Rossim...your secret is out now...expect some serious ribbing.

P@
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

pastille

20th June 2012, 16:24
Ohh...and thank you bullfrog. X
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

pastille

21st June 2012, 22:54
Bring this back up again, just in case anyone else wants to bag a bargain...

Warning! It is very heavy...
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st June 2012, 23:10
I got one for Christmas too. Part of the big Z on the dust jacket has already worn off; the poor thing gets no rest.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post