CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

19th May 2012, 19:10
I`m putting this here as RT 21 is now on page 4. I liked Helsinki - such a clean quiet uncrowded city, with little traffic (on a Saturday anyway) The main attraction was the Rock church but I enjoyed a boat ride among the islands, seeing the saunas by the water.The people we met spoke good English (that is so humbling) and made jokes. Mags.
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

drumbeat

19th May 2012, 21:03
I'm glad you're enjoying Helsinki, Mags. All this information will prove very invaluable if any of us go to Finland :o)
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th May 2012, 23:40
Drumbeat - that was in response to Mondrian`s comment on Helsinki in RT 21 `s thread - now many pages away!
I`m not enjoying Helsinki - I`m home! M.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

mondrian

21st May 2012, 10:38
Magworth. How lovely to get a `personal` thread addressed to me!! Glad you enjoyed Helsinki and yes Finnish people speak many languages English very prominently. My own grandchildren are totally bilingual. My son tells them `to play in English` when Grandma is around!! I can just about manage to say thank you in Finnish!

Sorry about this late reply. I do not have a computer in the house and come to the local Library when I can.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Mondrian