CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

18th May 2012, 14:17
btw, well done peterm, and for explanation.
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th May 2012, 14:20
Don't think so. And they don't care for our exploding ones.
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

ixion

18th May 2012, 15:40
Thanks for having a go everyone, nice to see a few additional names outwith the hard core and the return of Joan after a lengthy absence.

To summarise...

1.Mysterious [puss etc]...Macavity?(7) [suspect]

Mysterious as anagrind, Macavity was always suspected but they could never pin it on him.

2.John with a pulse during mass shock(10)[S-can/dal-IZE]

3.Better than the real thing for rugs/not used by baldies(7)[shampoo] may be used for washing rugs(better than having real poo on the rug)but baldies have no use for it.

4.Resentment of TS Eliot work “Toilets”, penned freely it noted irregular evacuation(6)[spleen] complex anag(Jolan style)as explained by peterm, TS Eliot/toilets as a diversion.

5.Big Essex bird with a prominent chest, bishop must go over(6)[SE-ni(B)or

6.Scat Report, a little “business” publication I peek at(6)[shu-FT-I]

7.Cheeses off phoney giant supporters?(6)[stilt(on)s]...slightly dodgy, off=not on, immediately spotted by Joan.

Close order, the humanist ideal rocks(7)[no-rites]
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

andyc

18th May 2012, 15:44
Thank you ixion great stuff.
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

joan

18th May 2012, 15:55
Ixion, thanks for another great puzzle - a good workout. The early start meant I was in at the beginning this week.
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th May 2012, 16:30
By the way, ixie, what's widely considered the world's finest wrapper tobacco is grown here in MA (and CT) in the the Connecticut Valley- seems odd even to me to see it grown so far north. Not sure where the explosives are made- probably in the Hudson Valley (honestly, those New Yorkers).
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th May 2012, 19:15
Well ixion...that looked like fun yet again.

Peterm I have not heard the word "squits" for so long.

An evocative word...lol.
47 of 47  -   Report This Post