CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gordibhoy

9th May 2012, 21:22
OK Guys, 8 to get and the theme is initials of song/group or singer of 60's hits. Put heads together if you like this sort of stuff..
eg AWSOP/PH = A Whiter Shade of Pale/Procol Harum. NB, the compiler doesn't include a "T" for "The" in group names, so B can be The Beatles eg. Your help appreciated,
Gordibhoy
LARS/BD
GV/BB
MG/T
TTOMT/M
SUSA/BB
TLM/LE
DWB/BB
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

tonyw

9th May 2012, 21:26
If this quiz is for a charity then you should not be asking for help on this site!
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

gordibhoy

9th May 2012, 21:36
Hi Tony,
I never submit these things. Just tired and want to get the bits I haven't already got to put me out of my misery. Btw, Although I seldom log on to this site, I notice there appears to be no bar on competition crosswords etc, although I DO know that many people like me don't submit things if they haven't honestly done them themselves. So no need to get on your high horse.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

phillip

9th May 2012, 21:41
gordibhoy, I don't think many prize crossword submitters worry too much about where the answers come from. lol.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

gordibhoy

9th May 2012, 21:48
Hi Phillip. I've no interest in prizes I've not genuinely worked for. I complete the "Wee Stinker" every week, but only submit if I've done it without reference to this group. Having said that, I've collaborated with other folk using other media (just like most folk do), but I'm puzzled by Tony's comment as I've never seen the moderator intervene other for bad language or attitude.
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

mrsmac

9th May 2012, 21:52
http://www.everyhit.com/

perhaps this link may help you get your answers
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

gordibhoy

9th May 2012, 22:03
Thanks mrsmac, doesn't actually work on the format, but the distraction helped me think of another couple of answers...you know how sometimes not thinking about a question helps you find the answer..?
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

phillip

9th May 2012, 22:04
gordibhoy, in quizzes sometimes the setter actually stipulates that entrants should not seek help on sites like this. others do not. I wouldn't think many people know whether the setter of your quiz has said that or not.

it's all a bit rum really,considering that most prize crosswords offer a bigger prize and nobody bats an eyelid about help for those. sometimes people delude themselves that giving "clues", no matter how obvious is OK. as if that means the asker is somehow solving the clue themself, which,of course,they are not. it's a strange old world,eh!
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

gordibhoy

9th May 2012, 22:20
Strange indeed Phillip. As it happens I'm now 2 away from finishing and the chit-chat here has helped. Without any help so far!! Lol.
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

escher

9th May 2012, 22:27
Like A Rolling Stone/Bob Dylan
Good Vibrations/Beach Boys
Metal Guru/ T-Rex or Ms Grace/Thymes (but both not 60s though)
Surfin USA/Beach Boys
The Loco Motion/Little Eva
Don’t Worry Baby/Beach Boys
10 of 15  -   Report This Post