CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

19th April 2012, 13:24
My boys loved Lego too. It's the only toys I've kept in a box in the attic for future generations.
Did you know the word Lego is an abbreviation of two words that mean 'play well' in Danish? My boys certainly did.
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

19th April 2012, 13:28
My kids loved Lego too. I did'nt though when treading on a piece that had been left on the carpet with bare feet. Ouch
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

rosalind

19th April 2012, 14:27
I'm not sure the next generation will play with the Lego- my sons didn't play with their father's Bayko or Meccano sets and my grandson doesn't go a heap on Duplo.
Trying not to think about treading on a piece!
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th April 2012, 17:23
i must have missed the purged item.i'm intigued! but if jazzgirl would prefer to let it lie then, so be it.
i've always found jazzgirl to be a good,(and helpful) sport - anyway, it wasn't her who complained.
A little bit Stalinist how things disappear overnight with no mention. if this was anything more than a humble crossword forum it might seem sinister.brrrr
ho-hum!
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th April 2012, 18:36
I agree Trevor Ash and Nora seems to have been a bit "heavy handed" here...

But then again, what do I know...

Lego could be a code word...

magworth may be a spy from the "AB"...All manner of things may be afoot.

If you say Ash and Nora quickly...ashnnora...

Sounds like a sweary word...or something you could get in a sushi bar...

p@
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th April 2012, 18:47
eh...should be a coma between trevor and Ash...

trevor is never heavy handed...well if you ask nicely I suppose.
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

phillip

19th April 2012, 19:54
I wasn't going to say anything but Jazzgirl gave things a bit of an airing on the RT17 thread and on here, so I will.

I put up a post - in my own name - addressed to Jazzgirl. .
Briefly, it said that some of her postings the previous night (written under the influence of drink)had been deleted.
Apparently, her immediate response was to e.mail Norah to ask what these posts were!
I then told her that it was supposed to be a joke.
Other people also complained, but it is not clear if they were accusing me of making "obnoxious accusations" (as one person put it)against Jazzgirl or going too far in making a very poor taste joke.

I'm not sure what if anything one is supposed to relay of norah's deliberations, but as Jazzgirl says, several people complained. It is quite normal apparently for people to complain by proxy so to speak.

I freely admit that my posting was a complete fabrication and my idea of a laugh. but it sure didn't occur to me that Jazzgirl would think there was something in it and try to find out what it was she said. I still find that surprising. Anyway, in short, Norah has asked me to try and tone it down a bit.

Incidently, Norah will not give the names of people who complain. I suppose that's fair enough but it's a bit worrying isn't it given the by proxy bit.

I've tried to stick to the facts and don't think I've said anything awful or worth reporting, but you never know who is watching do you.

I am going out now. I hope this will mark the end of the matter, but I doubt it.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th April 2012, 21:02
pip...sometimes people just don't get you.

Including me, when you get a bit out of hand.

x
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

sallyw

20th April 2012, 23:40
philip you scamp! Actually I find that really funny! ;)
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

pastille

21st April 2012, 12:50
Nice to see you around sallyw...
20 of 20  -   Report This Post