CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

20th April 2012, 11:00
I have never bought the RT but I will put it on my shopping list and give it a go. When does it come out?
51 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 11:02
On a Tuesday chris. It's £1.40 and there are other puzzles besides the xword.
52 of 75  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th April 2012, 11:50
Many thanks Jazzgirl
53 of 75  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

20th April 2012, 12:01
Don't encourage him Jazzgirl - I often need chrisg to help me with the Sunday Times.
J
54 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 12:39
hi julie
Just checking in at lunchtime.
No need to worry. Chrisg will have polished off the RT in no time at all. He'll be all yours by Sunday!
55 of 75  -   Report This Post

magworth

20th April 2012, 13:38
Jazzgirl - re the other RT puzzles, have you tried the Connections? I have only managed one line in each - and they are probably wrong! M.
56 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 13:43
hi Magworth
I haven't even looked at it this week.
Also, I cut out the xword and now have only 2 colums left to look at. Doh!
57 of 75  -   Report This Post

plodder

20th April 2012, 14:27
This is just a passing comment, not intended to upset anyone, made as the sun comes out here,but of 56 or so comments on the thread, just under half appear to be non crossword matters. So when seeking help to get started there is a slow trawl through to find actual Xword advice. I think it is great that friendships are forged in this way but are there not other sites (?Twitter Facebook) where personal chat can be fully developed.?
58 of 75  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th April 2012, 14:35
hello plodder
I know we are a chatty bunch on the RT thread and this has just evolved over time.
If you find trawling through a bit time-consuming, please feel free to start a new thread for the question you need help with. One of us is sure to help you and we don't mind two or more threads. I think you will notice we just like to support each other here and just adding a little bit of banter helps the day along.
59 of 75  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th April 2012, 14:46
Can someone please explain to me what Slough has to do with that across clue whose answer is 4 and 4 letters? I had imagined that Slough was laid out in a grid pattern. I have never been to the place and seem to remember that John Betjamin (? spelling probably wrong) wanted to bomb it in a poem. Otherwise now finished.

Glad to know that some others have struggled with this Xword.

Also glad to know we all like BB4. Can I put in a word in favour of Montalbano. I know it is not realistic but as I am a fan of Midsomer Murders and such like, I also really enjoyed this newish Italian series.
60 of 75  -   Report This Post