CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

30th March 2012, 13:30
Love AB's entry, though would it actually be solvable? Anyway, Pastille was the only one who delivered the clue in an unusual way, so I award her a black forest gateau, which she will unfortunately have to make herself-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhkJefcd5E

I chose this because I love New Zealand, Otago especially, and the man's voice is about as unscrumptious as one could possibly get.
41 of 60  -   Report This Post

pastille

31st March 2012, 18:22
Rosiland ...why thank you!

I nearly missed that.

An excellent prize. My self and a few friends have been talking about having a retro dinner party...that pudding taken care of.

...and , yes, the mans voice is...is...boring!

Thanks again...

Still haven't organised that night out...soon though?
42 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st April 2012, 14:23
Must start with Prawn Cocktail and Marie Rose sauce with a few tired lettuce leaves in the base of the glasses!
It'll be lovely don't forget the napkin folding!
Family have just buzzed off for a fortnight in Cornwall, so an evening out would be great.
Rosa
43 of 60  -   Report This Post

wendy

1st April 2012, 15:30
Sorry to chip in, but surely you must know Rosalind that slightly ancient lettuce leaves are no longer classed as being tired. In posh restos, they are now described as being "wilted".

We had "wilted spinach" the other day and have been invited to a wedding where the menu purports to provide us with "wilted rocket".

What a load of old tosh menus are nowadays!
44 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st April 2012, 15:32
The School of Drizzle as an author friend of mine says.
45 of 60  -   Report This Post

wendy

1st April 2012, 17:13
...or even drivel!

Have a nice Sunday.
46 of 60  -   Report This Post

rossim

26th May 2013, 19:15
For anyone ( like me ) having trouble finding this!
47 of 60  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

26th May 2013, 20:20
Thanks for bringing this to the top rossim - that's great!
48 of 60  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th May 2013, 20:27
Thanks, rossim- and AB. Heartbreaking to see Francis's winning entries. What a great guy.
49 of 60  -   Report This Post

rossim

26th May 2013, 20:35
Yes, he was clever, witty and funny but occasionally went a bit too far with his crudeness and obviously offended some people. I was not one of those who complained though.
50 of 60  -   Report This Post