CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

19th March 2012, 13:28
This was by far the easiest Azed I've ever done- completed in no time, sans laptop, with just a peek or two at Chambers. Since there isn't an active thread I assume that everyone else found it unchallenging too. I've only been doing this puzzle for a few years, and am wondering whether this kind of "light" installment is unprecedented.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

peterm

19th March 2012, 13:45
I, too, thought it was a lot easier than usual. Quite enjoyable though. My only question-mark was in 4dn. There's an "re" in the answer that I can't see in the clue's wordplay.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

cmk

19th March 2012, 13:50
Peterm -n 4dn, Chambers gives 'lore'3 see 'leese', which is to lose in Spenser and Shakespeare.

And, yes, it was easy and a bit out of character. Has Azed been abducted by a cruciverbalist alien?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

peterm

19th March 2012, 13:57
Thank you cmk. I did look up lore in Chambers, but I must have missed that definition.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th March 2012, 14:03
It was indeed enjoyable, but it's perhaps the first time I didn't have a question mark anywhere (did have to look up lore).
5 of 5  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED 2076