CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

19th February 2012, 17:28
Hmmm... I don't know about the other crossword, Les (I don't take the Times), but Jacques Tati wasn't just an actor -- he also directed his own films, and was (I've just discovered)voted 46th greatest director of all time in an Entertainment Weekly poll. Charles Tait (who doesn't even get a mention in my Halliwell Who's Who of the Movies) apparently directed one feature film.
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

les40

19th February 2012, 18:16
Ah, right Bullfrog, Just had a nosy on Google and Jaques Tati did direct movies and was voted in the top 50 of directors and I stand corrected my friend, however, I thought Charles Tait was better known for his directing of "The story of the Kelly gang" which was the first ever feature length film created over 100 years ago. I would be interested to know which one the editor meant.
I suggest we agree to disagree and live happily ever after.... Tee hee
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

19th February 2012, 20:58
Who knows how a crossword setter's mind works! Looking forward to the next joint effort.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

les40

19th February 2012, 23:03
Only 10 days to wait Bullfrog,
Sorry, 11 days because it's a leap year.
Also, if I do end up going to the Isle of Wight from 27th Feb - 2nd Mar, (mon-Fri) then we could have problems.

Maybe not, I have already prepared the grid, so I suppose if I know who's getting involved again, I could send out the words on Sunday night (26th) and give extra wordplay time for the setters to tweak and perfect their cluing wizardry.
I may post a thread later this week advertising the possible temporary change in time frames.
14 of 14  -   Report This Post