CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anybody

19th February 2012, 10:33
It would seem that the game may not appear again this week because the opening solver last week stated they can't start this week and nobody has volunteered.

I would like to ask the forum two things: would it be better for the game to be held on Monday when nothing else is happening and is it possible for a few of us to make sure we have a starter each week?

I have rescued the game a couple of times in recent weeks but I wonder if there is sufficient support for it to continue.

1 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th February 2012, 11:51
Good morning AQER.

Personally I feel Mondays would be better.

Being selfish about that, as I am more liable to be around, well except for tomorrow...and next Monday come to think of it.

But I do think the "clue chain" is a good idea and fun, but feel people can't always guarantee they can be around same time each week.

Maybe it could just be a "spontaneous" game???

p@
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 11:59
Hi pastille. I understand that things crop up and people don't want to commit to a specific time. With the other games there is a wider time frame. However if someone found they couldn't start they could just post and ask for someone to take over. I think it just needs those people who enjoy playing to take joint responsibility.

I am willing to start a game tomorrow but I would like some people to promise to help to make sure a game gets going each Monday.

3 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th February 2012, 14:07
just brining this back to the top, in case people have missed it and care to comment.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 14:54
Thanks, pastille. If nobody objects I'll start a game tomorrow (Monday) and see what happens. I've taken your 'spontaneous' comment on board and amended the intro slightly to make things more flexible. I hope people don't think I'm being too presumptuous in doing this.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th February 2012, 15:01
Hi again...

By spontaneous I was actually meaning in more of a "Martini" way...

Any time, any place, any where!

If a few people are around who fancy a game, just do it then and there.

6 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 15:11
I do understand what you mean, pastille but we are creatures of habit. All the other games have set(ish) times. There is nothing to stop someone starting an 'impromptu' game but we are having difficulty starting one a week.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

jws

19th February 2012, 16:22
My best day is Wednesday as I am usually out until 4.30 on other days. Could we start and finish later say 3 pm to 8pm? aristo for example joins in around 2.30
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 16:31
Thanks for your interest,jws. This is just a suggestion but suppose we are short of a starter one week you could offer to run the game at a time to suit you. If you are at home and answer the first clue you could do the same. I would like to run the game on Monday to see how it goes- is that fair? If you think I'm being too forward please say so.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

anybody

19th February 2012, 16:34
I'm going to post the new intro in a minute so that you can see that it allows for alterations to the time or day. You would have to let the forum know of the change from the 'norm'
10 of 18  -   Report This Post