CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

joan

27th January 2012, 16:37
I feel a bit deprived - and am wondering if I missed a post saying that there would be no puzzle this week?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th January 2012, 16:52
Oh, Joan, you just want to show off again. :)
I've been watching for it too- will be in transit and may miss it!
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

joan

27th January 2012, 16:57
I wasn't going to post my entries this week - honest!(And last week I didn't manage to solve all the clues). I wanted to include a contribution saying that 'lustrum' appeared in one of the weekend prize crosswords - I might not have got it, if it hadn't been for its appearance in ixion's puzzle last week.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th January 2012, 17:27
Oh (again), Joan. Just teasing, and there's no reason to be modest.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

ixion

27th January 2012, 18:43
Apologies for the absence of the Weekend warm up, I had one half prepared but work unfortunately intervened(bad management on my part)and I didn't get it finished.

Normal service should be resumed next Friday.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th January 2012, 18:52
Well it must be nice to be missed. Isn't "management" usually euphemistic? Ah, you're up to M now, aren't you?
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

joan

27th January 2012, 20:31
Ixion, thanks - will look forward to next Friday's puzzle.
Aristo, my mother once told me that I had plenty to be modest about. (It took me a while to realise that this wasn't a compliment!)
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th January 2012, 20:52
Your prudent mother just didn't want your head to swell; anyone can see you're a sharp cookie (as we say Stateside).
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

wendy

27th January 2012, 21:00
Management in our neck of the woods can often refer to The Wife, as in I'll have to refer to Management over that one).
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th January 2012, 21:05
Management in that sense definitely not euphemistic- generally most efficient. Left you a message on Peer Review.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post