CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the alchemist

10th August 2009, 21:17
While on the subject " doesn't work under the table"

STONED - it's an anagram of doesn't.

This site is very good but it's used by a lot of people who buy different newspapers. People do like to help anyone, not just people who buy their paper, but to do this they need the clues and number of letters. If you don't do this, some people can be a little sarcastic.
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

jimb

10th August 2009, 21:28
Alchemist

How dare you suggest that any sarcasm of mine is "little"

JimB
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

10th August 2009, 21:43
John (from Arran),

I spent many years working in the alchemy laboratories converting base metals, which is why I have retired with my pension pot.

JimB,

I obviously didn't mean you when I said some people can be a little sarcastic and am sorry I offended you. I realise your sarcasm is gross.

jules b,

Indeed I have been trying for many years to win the Sunday Times fountain pen without success, but it is made out of silver and would clash with my house full of gold.

13 of 22  -   Report This Post

campanilla

10th August 2009, 21:46
Methinks your iron pyrites are showing...
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

10th August 2009, 21:56
Alchemist,

Are you sure that is a pension pot and not some sort of closet cauldron?

Dearest campanilla, before you say anything rude in Latin, that is closet as in adjective not noun. Oh and I mean rude as in basic not as in iron pyrites!

Cocoa
15 of 22  -   Report This Post

jules b

10th August 2009, 22:06
Ah, Alchemist, Surely you would be content with one of the 3 (admittedly only rolled) gold ball-points that are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes ? I do know someone who hit the jackpot - encouragingly also from Ireland where the post isn't always completely reliable. My final request- and then I promise to leave all in peace (till next week)so that I too can be in cotention for any of the above is ; 16 d "occasionally the two sides at the oval are this" 3 3 2 Is it a cricketing term? Thanks for all your help and goodnight. Jules b
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

campanilla

10th August 2009, 22:11
Touché...
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

jimb

10th August 2009, 22:13
Campo

I see what you are suggesting, to sort IRON PYRITES was to INSPIRE TROY to ensure purity of gold?

JimB
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

the alchemist

11th August 2009, 08:35
16 d "occasionally the two sides at the oval are this" 3 3 2 Is it a cricketing term?

I think this one was OFF AND ON which I believe are cricketing terms. By the way, it helps, as well as giving the clue and number of letters, if you also give any letters which you have already solved, e.g. ?F? A?D ?N.

Winning a silver ball pen would be nice. In fact winning a BIC biro would be better than I've ever done before.

JimB. Have you a lab where do you produce your Oil of Vitriol?

19 of 22  -   Report This Post

jimb

11th August 2009, 09:57
alchemist

???

I am lost for words, apart, perhaps, from the trevor word.

Bye
20 of 22  -   Report This Post