CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT50

chris4food

5th December 2011, 08:43
Oh my goodness, Ican't believe I'm starting this thread..... okay, so I cheated - bought rt50 on Saturday and managed to hold out until Sunday! Thought it was easy-ish....
Didn't like structure of 1d - confused me for a bit - I'd have said them not they....
last one to fall 10a it's always the short ones that I find most difficult.
Best wishes to you all, especially those of you not in the best of health - you're always in my thoughts.
Now off to buy the Christmas edition - saw it's out on 3rd!! Can't wait
Regards to all
Chris
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th December 2011, 09:16
Hi chris
Week 50 had not arrived in my local shop as of Saturday last, so I'll pop in to see if it has arrived today. (This village is a bit behind the big towns ) I see Butterfly started a thread yesterday but have only just seen it.
Will be back later.
J
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th December 2011, 10:09
Hello Chris - you`re not alone. The 49 `thread` devolved into the 50 discussion, where I found that my answer to 10ac was wrong. I`d tried to be too clever, constructing `coil` out of `cost` and `lives` tho` it wasn`t logical !
I suppose the Christmas one will arrive in the post tomorrow.
Re 1ac. you`d say `They who` not `Them who`
Best wishes M.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th December 2011, 16:08
Just finished RT50, but not without a couple of hitches on 22a and 16a.
(I was trying to put pal around the word for knife and getting nowhere, obviously )
Doh!
J
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

6th December 2011, 11:19
Good Morning All. I hope you are well.

RT50 dropped through the letter box some time last week, and I managed not to look at it until today (well, two o'clock this morning to be precise).

I managed to avoid the temptation to look early by buying extra papers through the week, so that I would always have a crossword on hand. Last night, I posted six prize crosswords. It is probably costing me more in stamps than I might win, but there is the joy of doing them.

I wasn't overly impressed by RT50. Not too difficult, apart from misspelling the name of the news reader. If it had been Penny Smith, this would not have happened.

Any way, time to brave the cold and go for the morning paper.

Best wishes and good health to all.

P
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

wee jock

7th December 2011, 12:20
HOWDY FOLKS

Greetings,gentle people.Hope all are well and managing to keep warm in this cold snap.

Not much response to RT50 so far, and little wonder,as it's a rather hum drum affair with none of the clever and witty clues that drive you up the wall until the penny drops and you say,'That was a good one one was it not!'
I had a little trouble with the newsreader's
name but a bit of letter crunching gave me a name I'd never seen in print but when I put aface to it I Knew her by sight. Interesting person a looker!
The last clue to fall for me was 1d.Mystical... avd the only really clever one.Sorry Cris ,but I think, with a bit of grammatical licence ,the third person plural personal pronoun becomes nominative in this context.Oooo! wHAT A NERD!
I'm sure this was not our usual beloved compiler this week.

BEST REGARDS TO ALL
NUFF SAID
WEE JOCK
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

navigator

8th December 2011, 10:40
Greetings - not from the ancient mariner
but from the ancient navigator. not doing very well with RT50 I'm afraid.Social services have been to give me a "panic button" to wear round my neck, Br Gas are
digging holes in my drive, and it's the hospital for another zometa infusion this afternoon.Not exactly the way I would have
chosen to spend my 88th birthday.
With best wishes to everyone, particularly those not enjoying the best of health.
N
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th December 2011, 10:51
Darling Navigator! So sorry to hear of your tribulations - just when one is coping with one thing, two other things drop on your head! I feel like tattooing 'leave me alone....' on the top of my head! All the very best and my warm wishes are speeding to you. I too am not having a good time with RT50 - I hope I get my brain back when my chemo stops! have only got 2 clues so far so am struggling. Will concentrate and prob come back. Meantime - on this very gray day - best wishes to all of you esp. poorly ones!
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th December 2011, 11:21
Dear Navigator
I am sorry to hear of all your troubles, especially on your special day. I am wishing you a Happy Birthday anyway, as I am sure things are going to improve. All my best healing thoughts to you.
Jazzgirl x
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th December 2011, 11:27
Dear old gal
My best healing thoughts go to you also.
It's too darn cold to be in the park today, so am busy with snail mail. Take care.
Jazzgirl x
10 of 10  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT50