Matching Words10 Results
Below are the words that matched your query.
- noun - a long trough for feeding cattle
- beds built one above the other
- a message that seems to convey no meaning
- unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- provide with a bunk; "We bunked the children upstairs"
- avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
- a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
- a rough bed (as at a campsite)
- verb - immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
- make a dunk shot, in basketball; "He dunked the ball"
- a basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket
- dip into a liquid while eating; "She dunked the piece of bread in the sauce"
- noun - an earthy type of jazz combining it with blues and soul; has a heavy bass line that accentuates the first beat in the bar
- United States biochemist (born in Poland) who showed that several diseases were caused by dietary deficiencies and who coined the term `vitamin' for the chemicals involved (1884-1967)
- a state of nervous depression; "he was in a funk"
- draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
- noun - any thick, viscous matter
- noun - a large piece of something without definite shape; "a hunk of bread"; "a lump of coal"
- a well-built sexually attractive man
- noun - any of various Chinese boats with a high poop and lugsails
- the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
- dispose of (something useless or old); "trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
- unknown - fool, blockhead
- noun - substance that smolders when ignited; used to light fuses (especially fireworks)
- of very poor quality; flimsy
- rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock
- an aggressive and violent young criminal
- a teenager or young adult who is a performer (or enthusiast) of punk rock and a member of the punk youth subculture
- material for starting a fire
- adjective - doomed to extinction
- fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly; "The real estate market fell off"
- embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
- descend into or as if into some soft substance or place; "He sank into bed"; "She subsided into the chair"
- pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
- fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
- cause to sink; "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor"
- fall or sink heavily; "He slumped onto the couch"; "My spirits sank"
- go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- appear to move downward; "The sun dipped below the horizon"; "The setting sun sank below the tree line"