CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

0pt0

15th November 2023, 09:56
I think I have completed this puzzle, but I have absolutely no idea as to the significance of the extra words. I have found the eight regularly spaced letters, drawn the shape, changed the letter in the grid (which makes a new word) and found the items specified by the last word of the instruction. It therefore seems to me that I do not need to worry about the significance of the extra words, or am I missing something important?
91 of 110  -   Report This Post

polyn

15th November 2023, 11:49
Most of them are anagrams of words related to what you have drawn. There's one (which appears in multiple versions) which I don't quite understand, but as you say, if you have the correct shape then I don't think understanding them is critical!
92 of 110  -   Report This Post

krauton

15th November 2023, 14:19
Is the object we are trying to draw as it usually appears or is it tilted at an angle or rotated.
93 of 110  -   Report This Post

allbarone

15th November 2023, 15:57
I am a bit stuck here.

I have found the 8-letter word, drawn lines and marked all of the [last word].

All opposites add as they should.

My problem is that I think i need to change 2 letters, not one. I have changed a letter in one of the eight cells, but think i also need to change the middle letter in the entry for "Auxillary...."

is anyone else experiencing this?

94 of 110  -   Report This Post

pootle

15th November 2023, 16:39
Uncanny timing albarone. I just came here as I have exactly the same problem as you.
95 of 110  -   Report This Post

whistler

15th November 2023, 17:16
Could I ask for a nudge on clue starting Taghairm. I'm assuming def. Is last word? Two previous words indicate to remove a letter from a word represented by the first two words. If that is a correct reading, my problem is not being able to think of a synonym for the first two words.

Also Following natural order. I think I know what to do to Del Boy but I'm not sure if the def sits at the beginning or end?

Thanks, all.
96 of 110  -   Report This Post

krauton

15th November 2023, 17:43
Taghairm practitioner with less flesh.
First 2 words definition.
Wordplay 6 synonym for thinner.

Following natural order, Del Boy loses pound in flutter lightweight.
Last word is definition.
97 of 110  -   Report This Post

0pt0

15th November 2023, 18:07
Polyn, thanks for your reply (92). I can see anagrams of five of the relevant words, but I do not understand why there are four anagrams of the missing item. However, as you say, it would appear not to matter.
98 of 110  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

15th November 2023, 18:12
Polyn - if you look up its third manifestation in chambers all should become clear.

Albarine/ pootle - you don't need to change that a. That would give you one more than you need in that area. Sounds like your other change is wrong.

Thought this was great, apart from the Turkey clue, given that is most definitely not a turkey and is never referred to as such.
(There are other megapodes that are, but that ain't one of em).

Loose end for me is 'Disc...' I have a disc, but I can't see the wordplay.
99 of 110  -   Report This Post

mattrom

15th November 2023, 18:35
Smellyharry,
'Disc ..' is an abbreviation of a Latin term for 'in the place cited' ( minus a letter) in 'foil' - noun, but not the wrap.
100 of 110  -   Report This Post