CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dodgepot

10th November 2023, 22:40
Point taken, drxx. Lines are clearly required with the correct reading
11 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

10th November 2023, 22:40
As a result, I have not been able to access the puzzle.
Not quite sure what to do about this. I suspect I will no longer be able to tackle the Listener crossword, which is a pity.
12 of 110  -   Report This Post

dodgepot

10th November 2023, 22:44
Foinaven, do you get a 403: Forbidden message, or something more specific? Sorry for such a basic question
13 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

11th November 2023, 05:33
Yes, I get 403: Forbidden message.
14 of 110  -   Report This Post

jordan

11th November 2023, 06:50
I used to see that occasionally (although it may have been a different number). Clearing my internet cache sorted the issue. It was in the days when I used to complete all the puzzles available and as the website stores all the completed puzzles on one's device, it just got too full. Worth a try.
15 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

11th November 2023, 07:30
I don't know how to do this. I have looked up 'Clear internet cache' and I get a series of instructions, but they do not work.
16 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

11th November 2023, 07:37
I have now managed to clear the cache but I still cannot access the Listener (or any other) crosswords. I think this is a Times Newspaper problem. As I am going on holiday on Tuesday, I doubt if they will respond to my message in time. A pity - I enjoyed doing the Listener.
17 of 110  -   Report This Post

gabrielc

11th November 2023, 07:39
I suspect you need to clear your cookies and relogin. One way to check this is to use an "incognito" window and see if that works (in Chrome you can create an incognito window by clicking on the 3 dots in the top-right of the browser, and then "New Incognito Window"
18 of 110  -   Report This Post

dodgepot

11th November 2023, 08:45
Once you’ve cleared the cache and all cookies, if you go back to the Times site it should ask you to log in again. When you have, go to Puzzles, Crossword Club, and then you must scroll down the page to Crossword Articles. The second from the left should be headed The Listener. Click that and you should see the latest puzzles.

This happens to me a few times a year. It’s nothing to do with your subscription
19 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

11th November 2023, 10:09
Bravo! I went to the Times site and was asked to log in, which is unusual, since normally this happens automatically. However, once this was done, I could access the Crossword Club page and find today's puzzle. So your advice was very helpful.

I thought that I was not even allowed read Times articles without logging in. In the past this must have happened automatically.

Hope this puzzle does not take as long as last week's, which was an absolute tour-de-force.
20 of 110  -   Report This Post