CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

10th November 2023, 15:55
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Additional information or special instructions should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. The 'help' should be in the nature of a nudge, a pointer in the right direction - something that would help a struggler, but wouldn't spoil things for other solvers. Any queries or responses which, even inadvertently, reveal too much are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

10th November 2023, 16:48
I appear to be excluded from the Times Crossword Club, despite having paid my subscription for the last ten years or so. Can anyone send me the pdf of the current puzzle?
2 of 110  -   Report This Post

kirky

10th November 2023, 17:38
email?
3 of 110  -   Report This Post

foinaven

10th November 2023, 18:08
Note by Admin - email address removed for security reasons as I assume the email was sent, however I have copied it just in case. Could I just say that we permit isolated requests for copies of the crossword but we cannot allow regular requests for copyright reasons. I know a link was posted during COVID but they were different times.

Thanking you in anticipation. I don't know what has gone wrong.
4 of 110  -   Report This Post

cockie

10th November 2023, 21:35
This wasn't as fearsome as it first appeared, thanks to some generous clues ... but if I carry out EXACTLY what it says the visual impact is lost. Lines, surely?
5 of 110  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th November 2023, 21:40
No need for lines with the letter changed - it would be very hard to guess the solution, I think (unless you really like to gamble...).
6 of 110  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th November 2023, 21:49
...well, maybe not much of a gamble (50/50?)
7 of 110  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th November 2023, 22:01
On second thoughts, yes - lines are required.
8 of 110  -   Report This Post

dodgepot

10th November 2023, 22:18
I don’t think it’s unambiguous, but I agree with Cockie’s point about the visual impact, and so I would treat what “these letters give” as referring to the original filled grid. So the final instruction should not apply to the second one
9 of 110  -   Report This Post

drxx

10th November 2023, 22:31
There's a four letter word in the instruction that makes it unambiguous, I think.
10 of 110  -   Report This Post