CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

julie, aberdeen

12th July 2011, 21:28
Yes Pastille - the dry boke - thankfully. I was very sorry to hear of your misfortune - it's a HORRIBLE feeling. Someone came into our vestibule and and took my old rucksack -couldn't believe any one would want it so searched in the trees opposite and there is was hanging upside down from a tree with all the contents spread around apart, of course, from my purse and my cards. Grhh.. Maybe your bobbies will know which pub your hotplate is likely to be sold in - Good Luck
J
71 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

12th July 2011, 21:29
For Mr. P & Julie from Aberdeen,

I think I'm getting the hang of scunner which can make one boke and the place would then be mingin.

I reckon that between you, you should be able to construct a good crossword clue including those words! The game is afoot!
72 of 203  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

12th July 2011, 22:02
What did you start Wendy !
Sorry to lower the tone... according to the online Urban Dictionary... "Don't confuse a boke with a puke - if you can step in it you didn't boke" - and so as Pastille so rightly points out - it would be a dry boke. "I'm absolutely scunnered" is a wonderful description for disgusted fedupness. Although I'm originally a "central belter" (Edinburgh) the Aberdeen dialect is totally different and you would need to refer to a Doric Dictionary for the North East. The Aberdeenshire farmers dialect is different again. Help 10pm - must go and pack the rucksack - off with the Ramblers tomorrow.
Night all
J
73 of 203  -   Report This Post

trigger

13th July 2011, 00:05
I have trawled through this thread and havent found the slightest sign of this being a Crossword Help Forum? Surely you posters would all find a natural home on the Chatterbank section on Answerbank? There, you can air your views on anything, and it is a very popular site. Or, there are many other sites for exchanging views on.
74 of 203  -   Report This Post

aoife

13th July 2011, 00:21
Good call, Trigger, fjords and cathedrals would be lost on these people. But, on the bright side, they are content in their inanities.
75 of 203  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th July 2011, 00:35
Trigger.What has it got to do with you if some of us want to talk about apostrophes,which subject is not a million miles from that of crosswords.
Best be on your way,I think I hear Roy whistling for you.
76 of 203  -   Report This Post

trigger

13th July 2011, 00:43
George, a valid point, but this site has lost it's way a long time ago. I would prefer if the topics posted were on crosswords but I fear those days are gone.
77 of 203  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

13th July 2011, 00:45
Trigger, the very first line of this thread reads "It’s so quiet around here, I thought I’d break away from crosswords for a few minutes" and yet you still trawled all the way through it just so you could complain that there's no reference to crosswords. Just how thick are you?
78 of 203  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

13th July 2011, 00:48
this site has lost it's way

Oh, I see. That's how thick you are.
79 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th July 2011, 00:53
I would be more careful about complaining that "this site has lost it's way" in a thread concerning the misuse of apostrophes. Tangential this may be, but there are things more evil than lighthearted banter that's outside the grid (so to speak).
80 of 203  -   Report This Post