CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry as was

14th July 2011, 00:04
The Joker,
I'd like to defend my little joke.
I thought it was a common saying "taking something as gospel" i.e. it must be true or at any rate is an "accepted fact" (even if it actually isn't). I used "gospel" in that sense,which makes it a sort of play on words. I thought it was quite funny but I suppose I would wouldn't I.
111 of 203  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th July 2011, 00:30
In all honesty, Pipesmoker, shoes can be considered as a mode of transport and some shops are far more interesting than some museums.

Also, should not the word,for trying to squeeze out Richard the Third, have some rrrr's in it?

Nnnrrnnrnn!!

not sure about that.

112 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th July 2011, 00:47
Very true, trevor. It didn't translate very well into the written word, as it has to be said with feeling.

P
113 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th July 2011, 01:06
Hi, Joker.

Yes, shoe therapy can be important to one who must try every pair in the shop, whether or not they fit, but could it not be enjoyed in the same manner as constipation? Alone.

Hope you are well. Still hope to get to the new transport museum one day. It is amazing how many of the cars can be identified as the type we drove in 1963 etc.

Must off now, to post the Catholic Herald crossword. Incidentally, I won both Herald and Observer crosswords on the same day, for the second time in a fortnight. Please don't tell.

P
114 of 203  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th July 2011, 01:14
Congrats Pipesmoker,
you never fail to cheer me up.
115 of 203  -   Report This Post

the joker

14th July 2011, 01:14
Hi Pipesmoker
You know your secret is safe with me.
I feel that Mrs P is entitled to at least one pair of shoes,as she must have worn-out more than that on her recent noble pilgrimage.
TJ
116 of 203  -   Report This Post

the joker

14th July 2011, 01:20
Addendum
I am presuming that you were wearing the Scallop shell when you filled in the two crossword entries which both won prizes.
TJ
117 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th July 2011, 01:20
So we're on to shoes now, are we? It seems that my wife invariably returns from the shoe store and says, "I bought two pairs of shoes, but I'm bringing them back." On the way home, in the car, she's had an epiphany, and realizes that she's bought The Wrong Ones. I say "seems" because it certainly can't happen all the time, since we have one of the great shoe collections of the Eastern Seaboard (it may rival the late Imelda Marcos's). This is because she's searching for The Platonic Shoe. I've pointed out that such a thing can exist only in heaven, but this hasn't been a deterrent at all.
118 of 203  -   Report This Post

susan

14th July 2011, 09:08
In defence of Mrs Aristophanes, perhaps she needs plenty of shoes. Apostrophe abuse is widespread so there's a lot of walking to do to search out the culprits. Mrs A, I'm on your side. A large shoe collection is a must.
119 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th July 2011, 09:47
Twm, apologies, I should have thanked you yesterday for not letting dab about the answer.

Believe it or not, TJ, the only scallop shell I have, is the one I have been using as an ash tray for umpteen years now. She did remember to bring some cigars for me. It seems that Condor is not available at the seminary where she was staying. Even St Bruno was not at home.

Talking of shoes. There was once an occasion when Mrs P was invited out to dinner. They either forgot to invite me, or they remembered not to. Seriously miffed, I found every left shoe from Mrs P's not inconsiderable collection, and hid them so that she had the choice of finding them or going with two right and unmatching shoes. Also, once when she was away on one of her holy trips, I slipped a packet of Durex into her case. She was not amused.

Hope you all have a nice day. The sun is shining, for the moment, at least.

P
120 of 203  -   Report This Post