CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

21st July 2011, 13:58
Funny you mention Cocoon. I had never seen it, but just the night before last I was flipping channels and there it was, and I watched the latter part of it. I thought the acting was rather good.
We're having a heat wave in most of the US. My elderly beagle, who's normally fused to the living room sofa, has somehow detached himself and moved to his summer pavilion (under the kitchen table).
I would never think of HelenB as an old-timer.
201 of 203  -   Report This Post

helenb

21st July 2011, 15:58
Well thank you Mr A, but 'tis true I fear. Give your elderly beagle a pat on the head from
me, I love the sound of his summer pavilion, does he have a punka wallah? (and I mean that in the nicest possible way)
202 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st July 2011, 16:53
HelenB: The American punkah wallah union is notoriously ruthless in its wage demands, so we have a plug-in servant.
I patted the little dickens on the head for you, and he rolled his eyes in acknowledgement. We have a family of Eastern cottontails (endearing creatures, except when they're eating my pole beans) living in a hawthorn thicket in the yard, and I thought I might give him a thrill (and a bit of lung exercise) and let him sniff them out, but the excitement might be too much for him. I forget he's under the table; occasionally he thumps his tail and I think someone's at the door.
203 of 203  -   Report This Post