CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

12th July 2011, 16:40
Hello all,

Sorry Wendy, I am hijacking this thread to promote my compulsion to abuse exclamation marks today!!!!!

Have waited in all bloody!!! day, for bloody!!!forensics team to contact me re a bloody!!! break in at my bloody!!! allotment!!!!!

You would think they had crimes to investigate or some other bloody!!! thing!!!

I am not a happy bunny!!!

Seventh bloody!!! time in three bloody!!! years!!!

OH....I'd like to.....arghh...rip their....arggh!...and then.....where the sun don't shine!!!!!AAArggghHh!!!£$%&*!+!!!

Thank you Wendy...I feel better for that.

Take care,

Kissypoos,

p@

51 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2011, 16:55
Another scunner is when people use their fingers to indicate quotation marks when they are speaking. Why? Hard to describe without actually doing it, but I think you will know what I mean.

P
52 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

12th July 2011, 16:59
Feel free to vent your anger here!!!!! In fact I'll join you!!!!! A forensics team for a veggie patch eh? Have I gone quite mad????? (We can do abuse of question marks too!!!!!!) What on earth will they do - take DNA samples from your runner beans?????

You say you're "not a happy bunny".... perhaps it's the other bunnies who are gorging themselves on your fresh produce who are the culprits????

Seriously though - are people near you really selfish enough to do that? If so, I'd get meself a shotgun. Tell us more please.
53 of 203  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th July 2011, 17:08
@Pastille -- commiserations!!!!!!!!!
@Pipesmoker -- they're best described as 'bunny ears' (happy or otherwise).
54 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th July 2011, 17:12
Pipesmoker: In the US we call them air quotes, and they're usually used by airheads.
55 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th July 2011, 17:21
I just came in from weeding my garden. A woodchuck has been eating my chard!!!!! My exquisite, heavily savoyed argentata!!!!!!! The varmint has dug a tunnel system that looks as if it required massive federal funding, and it CANNOT BE OUTSMARTED!!!!!!! And it looks like a %$&^^!@ linebacker!!!!!
56 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2011, 17:43
Thank you for your sympathy, one and all. Perhaps I should explain the word scunner for those who are not Scottish. A scunner is that which gives one the boke.

P.
57 of 203  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

12th July 2011, 17:50
As is "she's pure mingin, she gies me the boke ?"
J
58 of 203  -   Report This Post

trigger

12th July 2011, 17:55
Is it someone on here, Julie?
59 of 203  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

12th July 2011, 18:22
Absolutely not, they're all lovely, helpful people.
60 of 203  -   Report This Post