CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pipesmoker

13th July 2011, 11:37
For the benefit of those who think we have strayed from the ethos of the forum, i will give a clue. I think I know the answer but will look forward to your suggestions.

Clue: Constipation (10) N????????n

Off to the new transport museum. Will post my answer later.

P
101 of 203  -   Report This Post

pastille

13th July 2011, 11:38
Last week Tonyw introduced me to a new word...persiflage.

n. light frivolous conversation, style, or treatment; friendly teasing
[via French, from persifler to tease, from per- (intensive) + siffler to whistle, from Latin sībilāre to whistle]

A fabulous description of this thread.

Maybe in future we could use it as a heading!

p@
102 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th July 2011, 13:15
It did me a world of good to complain about my woodchuck here (with punctuation I would never use in normal correspondence- ah, a forbidden pleasure). The police won't even take it away in little handcuffs!!!! Can you imagine???!!!
103 of 203  -   Report This Post

twm

13th July 2011, 15:39
Pipesmoker, I am not sure whether it would be churlish to offer a solution.
I've been mulling this over and questioning myself to the nth degree about it.
In the end, I have decided to forbear lest i spoil your fun.
104 of 203  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th July 2011, 15:49
Pipesmoker
Are you sure of your letters?
Could it be MOTIONLESS !!
TJ
105 of 203  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

13th July 2011, 16:12
TJ -- the perfect clue for MOTIONLESS would be Still constipated? (10)
106 of 203  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th July 2011, 20:42
In all thy ways, acknowledge her, and she shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:6, as amended).

Didn't quite make the transport museum. Mrs P had organised a far less exciting trip to a shoe shop.

Thank you to all who have given me this opportunity to restore dignity to the forum by offering a crossword clue, which, you will remember was Constipation. The answer which I have written down before me, is:

Nnnnnnnnnn

Thank you for your patience.

P
107 of 203  -   Report This Post

terry as was

13th July 2011, 20:46
Pipesmoker,
Just because you read it in the bible you shouldn't take it as gospel you know.
108 of 203  -   Report This Post

karen

13th July 2011, 23:02
Thank you Wendy for starting this thread,its been mostly enjoyable to read, apart from the misfortunes of Pastille and Aristophanes,both gardening related,but so far removed from the other's problems...but both break-ins of a kind! I have no offer of help to assist in solving their problems,but,like a lot of us know what it's like to be burgled (be it human or animal).
Hi The Joker,as for Trigger, took him 73 posts to moan about not posting about crosswords,which at least 95 per cent of this forum consists(broadly speaking). I think he has lots of time to spare since Mr Rogers dumped him after boring the pants off him once too often,which must 'chaff' somewhat when one rides horses!
Apologies to all if my punctuation upsets or offends.
Best:)xxx
109 of 203  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th July 2011, 23:53
Tch Tch Terry. In the interests of accuracy I would point out that Proverbs is not one of the Gospels,but is in the Old Testament.The Gospels are Mathew,Mark,Luke,John and the Acts of the Apostles.
I tell you this as it is better coming from me rather than Mrs Pipesmoker.
Pipesmoker you must realise by now that there is nothing in this world more important to a woman,than a bit of Shoe Therapy.
TJ
110 of 203  -   Report This Post