CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonta

10th July 2011, 22:05
Oops! Of course, they were all meant to be apostrophes. I forgot I was on capitals!! Hence the inverted commas.
31 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

11th July 2011, 07:37
Nice one Tonta! I'd have felt it my duty to tell them.

A little while ago our daughter sent us some flowers which were fantastic. They came from a very good florist and were accompanied by the usual little card. No kidding, this is exactly what it said:

People dont alway's show there appreciation, just so you no your both fab lots of love your daughter.

I keep the card in my photo album - it's too good to throw away!
32 of 203  -   Report This Post

tonta

11th July 2011, 19:31
Wendy, that has to take the prize as the best - or should that be the worst? - of all. I suppose that is the legacy of the texting generation.
33 of 203  -   Report This Post

twm

11th July 2011, 23:06
for Andy and Dave

I think it should have been, "Please leave more space between Pig and and and and and Whistle," which would give the required 5 'ands'.
34 of 203  -   Report This Post

mrs grundy

11th July 2011, 23:52
Wendy, with reference to your first post, no, I am not offended, although you come across as a rather mannerless individual.
I am 92 years of age and have met many of your kind before in my life.
35 of 203  -   Report This Post

lemmy

12th July 2011, 00:07
Whilst walking through a shopping centre with my daughter I saw a hand-written sign in a well known shop that said - "SALE - Polo's and T-Shirt's 50% off"

I went in and pointed out the error to the manager who looked at me like I was an alien but far worse was the look on my daughter's face of total embarrassment.
36 of 203  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

12th July 2011, 00:10
Mrs Grundy - 92? What's your secret? If my mind is half as sharp as yours when I get older I'll be well pleased!
37 of 203  -   Report This Post

lady bee

12th July 2011, 01:24
What I find irritating is when people use an apostrophe but really have no idea why they are using it, what it signifies,so you see things like - do'nt, does'nt, could'nt.
38 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

12th July 2011, 07:58
Mrs. Grundy, it was certainly not my intention to appear rude. Whether you are 92 years of age or 9 years of age, it would never excuse rudeness.

About 2/3 days ago you had grumbled about something and there were several posts about it, most of them humourous, but I don't recall what it was. Also, people have been criticised for going away from crossword business and had pointed out that this is a crossword site and that other matters had no place here.

Other than the use of you name in my post, I'd be interested to learn why you find me a "rather mannerless individual" as I shall have to be far more careful before I post something in case I'm giving people the wrong idea about myself.

I am deeply offended, but will apologise nevertheless, for to appear rude is not something I strive to do.
39 of 203  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

12th July 2011, 08:19
Wendy I have never found you rude or mannerless, only ever helpful and frequently amusing, and I am not sure on what Mrs G based her opinion. I don't see that you have anything to apologise for, either to Mrs G or anyone else. Anyway my grandmother (who was a lady of good breeding) always said that the true definition of good manners was not to point out the lack of them in someone else! ;0) BTW Good morning Wendy1!
40 of 203  -   Report This Post