CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

13th September 2011, 14:31
Good afternoon all,

I thought that it was about time that I made a contribution again and, although I haven't had many problems with this puzzle, I haven't put in an answer for 14d although I have all the checking letters.

If the answer is a racecourse, there are three possible answers although I have one specific course in mind. Having said that, I don't understand why it is that answer so any guidance will be appreciated.

The answer to 15a is contained within the wording of the clue and, despite having claimed in the past that I was a minor ornithologist, this is not a finch with which I'm familiar!

With best wishes to you all,

Caravaggio
1 of 72  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th September 2011, 14:38
Hello Caravaggio
Nice to hear from you again. I pick my copy of RT tomorrow so will report back as soon as I hit a problem!
I send all my very best wishes to those dear friends here who may be a bit under the weather.
2 of 72  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th September 2011, 14:42
Doncaster and ortolan. Best wishes
3 of 72  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th September 2011, 14:50
Sorry - I forgot you asked for guidance. Or from door + to + an from land. Your pen name - my favourite artist !
4 of 72  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th September 2011, 14:51
Good Afternoon, all.

As you say, Caravaggio, nothing very exciting about this one. I think the reference to radio simply means sounds like. In this case, it is a racecourse in a place which sounds like something you use in your kitchen, especially around breakfast time. Sorry, Magworth, it is not Doncaster.

Hope all are doing well.

Best wishes.

P
5 of 72  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

13th September 2011, 16:42
Pipesmoker:

Yes, of course! I'm not a racing buff but I could see the possibility of there being three options for the answer and, at that time, I couldn't understand why any of them would be correct. How are you keeping?

Jazzgirl:

I read one of your posts on another thread and I was intrigued. My favourite genres of music are jazz and blues and I particularly like Miles Davis's input on a collaboration with Zucchero called 'Dune Mosse', although, if cast away on a desert island, I would have to take Elmore James's 'Dust My Blues' because of the slide guitarwork.
6 of 72  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th September 2011, 17:25
Not Doncaster ??? Now I`m puzzled - it seeme

Not Doncaster ???? I can`t think of any other

racecourse that fits. I`ll have to keep working at this.

7 of 72  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th September 2011, 17:34
Got it ! Clever pun. My last was a muddle -
laptop playing up. (the animosity of inanimate
objects) But are computers really inanimate ???
8 of 72  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th September 2011, 17:56
Hi Caravaggio

I like any kind of jazz, particularly clarinet, saxophone, piano. I'm also a big Ella Fitzgerald fan . Such a good way to relax.
9 of 72  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th September 2011, 18:22
Hi, Caravaggio, Thanks for asking re health. Yes, I am faring not too badly at the moment. Immunoglobulin tends to wear off after a wee while, but this won't happen until next week, then I only have a week or so to wait until I get my next infusion. Still, never mind. There are many much worse sufferers than me, and many of them are so much younger.

Hi, Magworth. Glad you got that one. In my ignorance, I would have pronounced it with three syllables, but for the nice people at the BBC giving a commentary on the races.

Best wishes.

P
10 of 72  -   Report This Post