CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

16th September 2011, 15:48
Hi Mondrian,

I may be getting long in the tooth but I'm still young at heart - as are you I suspect - and I know exactly what you mean about tempting Providence.

6d is another artist and I very much doubt whether you've visited one! The Maori All Blacks have - just look at their arms... Has the penny dropped?

With kind regards,

Caravaggio

41 of 72  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

16th September 2011, 15:53
I'm sorry about that white space - I've no idea how that happened. The answer to 2d is an anagram of 'I'm up' and '0' - love in tennis. I suspect that you'll now see what the drug is very quickly.
42 of 72  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th September 2011, 16:15
I came back to the computer to remedy my earlier slipshod use of language. I meant to say we were the longest running contributors. Caravaggio I`m sure you and Nimrod are both youthful and sufficiently polite not to bawl me out for what I said before.

Thanks for the help re the clues. I get the drug now. I am supposed to have artistic leanings but cannot get the artist!! I`ll walk home and maybe the penny will drop.

Old gal - hope you are progressing, also Navigator. Hope you will soon feel like logging on and hearing our good wishes.
43 of 72  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

16th September 2011, 16:25
Hi Mondrian,

You're right - no offence taken! I'm slightly bemused by your not having solved 6d - this artist draws or writes on skin. I've not got one and I doubt whether you have either. David Beckham is covered in them...

With best wishes,

Caravaggio
44 of 72  -   Report This Post

bernie

16th September 2011, 16:33
The plane......The plane...!
45 of 72  -   Report This Post

bees

16th September 2011, 19:45
Finnland? I thought about going there once, until it was explained to me that I'd got completely the wrong idea about lapp dancers.
46 of 72  -   Report This Post

charlotte

16th September 2011, 21:02
PIPESMOKER

What a racy life you have led-being expelled from dancing school! I too am a bit unco-ordinated.I have awful memories of Scottish Country Dance lessons at Secondary School.

I remember The Pancake Place.I think it was at the venue which has undergone several incarnations over the years and is at the moment an Italian restaurant.

I am seldom in Glasgow these days.Paisley is my regular stomping ground,with the occasional visit to Braehead or Silverburn.

Take care,Charlotte
47 of 72  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th September 2011, 12:07
re 6d `evening display` think Edinburgh !
48 of 72  -   Report This Post

lobeydosser

17th September 2011, 15:28
Greetings from another jazz lover and ex-patient of Govan's Sufferin' General (every November for ten years for a cystoscopy - no fun).
Can anyone give me a clue to the answer to 1d: 'Even annoy bully with honour (5)'? I've got -O-L-.
49 of 72  -   Report This Post

phillip

17th September 2011, 15:35
think even nos letters not odd ones in clue.
50 of 72  -   Report This Post