CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

20th July 2011, 20:43
Pay attention Mr A...

It was not a destination of choice...

Just happen stance!

Never did the Disney...did love Universal...and discovered my love of roller coasters!

Would love to go to New Orleans and back to New York and for some reason Seattle???

My love of Fraiser perhaps?

p@
191 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

20th July 2011, 20:45
Xerxes,

Thanks for the Beaver ballad! Great fun.
192 of 203  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

20th July 2011, 21:18
pastille: I've been chastised. So sorry. I have a Seattle story for you. One of my daughters had to go there on a business trip. The day after she arrived my wife and I were watching the news and they were showing pictures of what was apparently the worst flood in Seattle's history; there were cars floating down the city streets. Of course we called our daughter right away, and she told us, "Everyone says it's really nice here, but there's an awful lot of rain."
193 of 203  -   Report This Post

susan

20th July 2011, 21:20
I also found Orlando difficult but for a different reason. We arrived at about 10.30 at night and as we stepped out of the airport building into the night air it was SO hot and humid I said it was like getting into a greenhouse. A lovely American woman overheard me and laughed out loud. She said "honey if you think this is hot, you just wait 'til tomorrow lunchtime". It was July. Advice: If you're planning to go to Orlando for some reason, e.g. children want to go there, relatives live there, madness, etc., don't go in mid-Summer!
194 of 203  -   Report This Post

iamme

20th July 2011, 21:56
i am much better here than i have been before but why such a long thread with nothing to do with crosswords?
195 of 203  -   Report This Post

susan

20th July 2011, 22:07
Just having a bit of fun while we wait for the next Jumbo Cryptic. We promise not to make too much noise. Nightie-night!
196 of 203  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

20th July 2011, 23:46
I've had nothing but good experiences in America -- Seattle, New Orleans (pre-Katrina), Milwaukee (with a night in Chicago on the way) and Nashville, and I've always encountered unfailing (but not creepy) politeness.
197 of 203  -   Report This Post

xerxes

21st July 2011, 00:38
A pleasure Wendy. The best reason for visiting Florida is Crazy Horse at Kissimmee. Second best, Fantasy of Flight at Polk City.
198 of 203  -   Report This Post

helenb

21st July 2011, 09:47
Just browsing and reading through the last few threads on experiences in America : our little group of five (all in our sixties at the time) used to go for a walk around the lake before breakfast each day, taking advantage of the gorgeous early morning sunshine and feeling on top of the world, when an very elderly gentleman going in the opposite direction greeted us with 'Howdy old-timers!' This salutation is now used whenever and wherever we all meet,
199 of 203  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st July 2011, 10:15
Ha-Ha Helen B,

I was instantly reminded of the film Cocoon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088933/

They were all like that in it.
200 of 203  -   Report This Post