CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

celadon

8th November 2012, 10:50
Signs:

At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank heaven for little grills."
1305 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

8th November 2012, 19:56
Back to posers:-

Only 5% of Stanford University graduates
figured it out!

Can you answer all seven of the following questions with the same word?

1. The word has seven letters....
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it....
7. If you eat it, you will die.

1306 of 1953  -   Report This Post

trevor

8th November 2012, 20:03
...only clues 1 and 7 really work for me. (and i guess 7 need not always be true - pedantic or what?)
1307 of 1953  -   Report This Post

trevor

8th November 2012, 20:03
...only clues 1 and 7 really work for me. (and i guess 7 need not always be true - pedantic or what?)
1308 of 1953  -   Report This Post

trevor

8th November 2012, 20:21
oo, and question 4, i think we all know someone.
1309 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

15th November 2012, 08:37
The old ones are the best:-

Jake was dying. His wife sat at the bedside.

He looked up and said weakly:
'I have something I must confess.'

'There's no need to, 'his wife replied.

'No,' he insisted,
'I want to die in peace.
I slept with your sister, your best friend,
her best friend, and your mother !'

'I know,' she replied.
'Now just rest and let the poison work.'
1310 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

16th November 2012, 08:40
THREE Christmas ghosts visited gas executive Tom Logan to show him the error of his ways, but he didn’t give a shit.
As Britain’s gas companies began their annual round of price hikes just in time for the perishing cold of winter, three apparitions appeared in the bedroom of materially-wealthy, spiritually-poor utilities boss Tom Logan.
The Ghost of Christmas Present said: “I took Logan on a journey through the ice-clad streets of London, peering into the window of a poor family huddled around a brazier where they were burning the parents’ wedding photos for heat.
“He simply muttered something about ‘dwindling North Sea reserves’ and ‘the need to stay competitive’.”
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come said: “I took Logan to a funeral the following year, where the same family wept as the body of their bandy-legged son Little Martin was lowered into the ground. They couldn’t afford a coffin so they’d just chipped the thick ice in which he froze to death into a vague rectangular shape.
“Logan was like, ‘Can we get on with this because I’ve got a conference call about how we can make some more lovely money?’”
The Ghost of Christmas Past said: “I couldn’t really do much because it turns out he had always been a callous bastard.”
Tom Logan said: “These ghosts simply don’t understand the tough business conditions in which we have to operate.
“Now if you don’t mind, I’m about to eat a massive swan, in a big warm room all on my own.”
1311 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

1st December 2012, 21:04
Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe.

Azanmig huh?

Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
1312 of 1953  -   Report This Post

celadon

2nd December 2012, 12:56
Amazing. Give it a try!

This is quite astonishing.

How "they" do it is mind boggling, Google maps are very quick.

Makes you wonder what is happening that we don't know about.

The picture of your house may not be its best aspect, but how "they" are able to get it up so quickly is astonishing.

PS The originators of this is a group called Pusher.

Pusher is a digital creative agency with offices in Sydney and Brisbane.

Just type in your address or any family addresses and look through the window at the snow falling on your home today.

Click below to get something for Christmas you won't get anywhere else

http://www.pusher.com.au/clients/pusher-christmas-2011
1313 of 1953  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

2nd December 2012, 14:11
It is amazing and a bit frightening. Big brother is watching and manipulating you.
1314 of 1953  -   Report This Post