CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT10

navigator

1st March 2011, 13:52
Good afternoon all. I started as soon as the shop opened this morning and I managed to get it finished soon after lunch. I don't like the clue for 1d.
1 of 85  -   Report This Post

philip

1st March 2011, 14:33
Hi Navigator
Before we start, can we remind anyone not familiar with this weekly thread that we are not looking for answers, but help to get the answers. Its a weekly indulgence that we have and if anyone takes offence to it, sorry. Please dont spoil the enjoyment of those of us who regularly follow this thread by being "clever".

Weekly responses show that such responses are not appreciated by the majority of us who enjoy the way this thread has developed.

Having said that, not a particularly good puzzle this week with few memorable clues, and I am still struggling to see the birds connection to 5d

PHILIP
2 of 85  -   Report This Post

phil

1st March 2011, 14:49
9d. Curtain raiser
12a. silent witness
19d. cabin
made me laugh a bit.
3 of 85  -   Report This Post

navigator

1st March 2011, 14:50
Hi Philip.
The answer to 5d is also the name of a bird - a
sandpiper.
4 of 85  -   Report This Post

phil

1st March 2011, 14:54
16a. Squalid
18a. Cherry picking
4d. Pauline Quirk
Didn't make me laugh.
5 of 85  -   Report This Post

old gal

1st March 2011, 16:43
I'm sick of this! What is wrong with people? Why cant they leave us alone - there are plenty of other threads in this Forum for them to join in. I am not a particularly bright person and struggle with the RT crosswords. However, I get a real kick out of solving the clues I cant do myself with a little help - having the answers spoonfed me makes a mockery! Why bother to do it at all. I'm sorry to leave all the good friends I have met in this thread - you know who you are - but I'm not visiting this site any more! Best wishes to you all but obvious not Phil
6 of 85  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st March 2011, 17:42
Hi Old Gal,

Like you, I've been tempted to leave this thread but just imagine the satisfaction that this bastard will get if we both do that. He may be difficult to get rid of, however, as the name he's chosen is halfway to getting syphilis...

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
7 of 85  -   Report This Post

pastille

1st March 2011, 17:57
Nice one Caravaggio,

That comment would have made a wonderful clue.

And Old Girl, don't leave, Caravaggio is right.

It was the RT thread, that got me started on this site, and I really appreciated the helpful hints.

This "party pooper" will hopefully come to his/her senses.

p@
8 of 85  -   Report This Post

chris4food

1st March 2011, 20:50
Hi All, do you think Phil is also short for Philistine??? But I think your definition is much better Caravaggio!!!
Don't go, Old Gal - you make me feel young.....
I, too, struggle, and often ask for, and receive, additional clues - which is extremely helpful and just what I want. Caravaggio and Pastille are right...
Didn't like 1d either - I'd got the last 6 letter bit but just couldn't see what the first bit was. Also struggled to find an answer to 19d, and no thanks to Liph was given the answer.
Nearly settled in my new home now - and got more time to give to RT crosswords.
Is there any way we can get that Phillock taken off the site....????
Regards to all
Chris
9 of 85  -   Report This Post

chris4food

1st March 2011, 20:52
Just realised that Syphil can't even spell Pauline Quirke's name correctly, so I'm surprised he's even got any of the answers
10 of 85  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT10