CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT10

nellyb

3rd March 2011, 13:38
Doh! penny has just dropped!!! No worries, sorted now :)
31 of 85  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd March 2011, 17:23
I actually liked 1D but didn`t totally `see` it until I had written it in and thought about it. Presume you will have filled that one in by now Chris4food. In case not the `plot` refer to another word for a plot in the garden and the rest of the letters make an old-fashioned word for someone who seeks one`s hand in marriage.

Crossword finished now. Thanks Karen for your offer to assist me - which I usually need, and no doubt will next week and the week after.
32 of 85  -   Report This Post

nimrod

3rd March 2011, 21:21
Good evening all!
Yes, luckily I had completed the crossword before signing on the thread. I too hope that Old Gal reconsiders her "retirement" - it would be a shame to lose you!
Thanks for your support Terry.
As for the crossword, particularly liked 1d - but had to write it down before I got it- 8a,15a & 24a were nice clues as well.
Karen, I hope the family wedding went well in Bristol. I lived there some years ago - in the Eddy Shoestring years!
33 of 85  -   Report This Post

maisie

4th March 2011, 07:29
New to this site and was appalled that anybody would give answers. Still got R10 to finish but don't think it's too difficult this week.
Have read a lot of the posts - it seems some people would be better off joining chat lines.
I was thinking of not returning but do find it interesting. Has RT subscription for Christmas but have been buying it for years!
34 of 85  -   Report This Post

charlies human

4th March 2011, 10:25
Friday Morning - Hello Everybody! We missed you, Him and me, last week. In a.n.other place someone said I was verbose; I went off in a huff, Charlie retired to the back bedroom and my computer blew a gasket. Verbose? Me? Anyway, my computer is restored after a week in the Clinic, the sun is shining, I am off to buy my copy of RT10 and all's well with the world. Greetings to you all and I am gratified to know that it's an easy one this week. [Or relatively so]. Also Happy Birthday to my fellow Pisceans... I hope you ate cake and drank something gloriously intoxicating.
35 of 85  -   Report This Post

karen

4th March 2011, 16:33
Afternoon all.
Hi NIMROD,we had a lovely time at the wedding.It was just outside Bristol,Chewton Place,you may know of it.
Hi Ch, I'm also pisces but my birthdays not arrived yet-later this month-3 in three days!My daughter and mine the same day,my hubby's 2 days later,other family members dotted throughout the month!Its like Xmas with the cards to send!
A Happy (belated?) Birthday to you Charlies Human,if past, hope it was a good one.Cheers Karenx
36 of 85  -   Report This Post

andy pandy

4th March 2011, 19:08
Relatively easy this week, except that I'm not sure about 19d. Now I'm guessing that the answer is the biblical character famous for seeing off Goliath. The 'bomber' is then a guided missile from WW2, how does but 'shack' translate to 'dad'?
37 of 85  -   Report This Post

nimrod

4th March 2011, 20:00
Andy Pandy,
Think of another biblical character who killed his brother - then add the "b" for bomber and you might end up with another word for a shack.
Regards
NIMROD.
Karen, I knew it well!
38 of 85  -   Report This Post

tomcat

4th March 2011, 20:11
Hello all. I had also finished the grid before visiting this thread, and was most disappointed to see yet another unwelcome contributor spoiling the occasion for everyone else.

After the unpleasant posts of recent weeks, I was actually thinking quite seriously of not continuing with this forum any more. My resolve to quit was further strengthened when my computer came under attack from malware on the last two occasions I visited this site. Fortunately, my anti-virus software was effective against the invader while I beat a hasty retreat.

On the other hand, I happen to like the warm welcome and gentle hints that this thread has come to represent, and resent the thought of being chased away by those boors who think it fun to be the spoilsport.

So, believing this not to be a permanently infected site and after reading the responses to Old Gal's comments, I think it better to continue supporting the genuine contributors to the forum. Hopefully, the boorish ones will eventually get bored and go away to pester somebody else.

TC

PS: I Haven't seen WJ posting on this site for a while. Does anyone know if he's OK?
39 of 85  -   Report This Post

karen

4th March 2011, 21:21
Hello all.
Hi NIMROD,nice you knew a place you once lived near,it was lovely.
Nice alternative clue btw.
Welcome Maisie,I do hope you'll stay.
Best to all.
PS I notice change.'report this post'.
We'll see.
However enjoy the weekend everyone.Best Karenx
40 of 85  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT10