CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT10

the joker

7th March 2011, 23:09
Although I am not a contributor to the RT thread,due in the main,to it being beyond my intellectual capabilities,I do read it from time to time.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the two betes-noir,Terry and Trevor,have had some sort of Damascan journey and recanted,and are now brightening up the thread
Regarding "eejit" it is used very frequently here in douce Edinburgh,normally preceded by the "F" word.
71 of 85  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th March 2011, 23:29
TJ
you say that,
"eejit" is used very frequently in douce Edinburgh,normally preceded by the "F" word.

could it be that you hear the phrase more than most wherever you may be?
72 of 85  -   Report This Post

the joker

7th March 2011, 23:35
Aah Trevor,that explains everything!
73 of 85  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th March 2011, 23:56
Hello all,

Trevor, thank you!I will try to find the appropriate spellings and get back to you. nossta cariad...that's phonetically said.

Terry,I did not realise the horrors of using the "b" word. Would have never have used it if I thought a "t" word might be listening in.

I will take more care...that's a "c"word.

The Joker, Aye, me thinks you are a fellow Scot...she says in a brave heart voice and shows bottom!

nightynight

p@

74 of 85  -   Report This Post

pastille

7th March 2011, 23:59
Oh, Tonyw,

Still try to work out the soundylikey...it may be my accent.

take care

p@
75 of 85  -   Report This Post

donegal dan

8th March 2011, 00:21
The word "eejit" has been used in Donegal since forever. And also in Scotland, where I believe one of my most favourite words, "numpty", originated. Goodnight!
76 of 85  -   Report This Post

the joker

8th March 2011, 01:05
Pastille
What a pity this forum can't take photos.
77 of 85  -   Report This Post

trevor

8th March 2011, 02:49
some dirty picts.
78 of 85  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

8th March 2011, 10:08
While on the subject of descriptive words, I was explaining to Wee Jock the other day that I am reading the McFlannells with my granddaughter. The phrase I had to translate was 'thon shauchly wee nyaff'. Very descriptive.
79 of 85  -   Report This Post

pastille

8th March 2011, 11:19
pipesmoker,

I love it, I haven't used the word nyaff in years. It will be my word for the day.

But I have never heard of shaucly. what does it mean?

Must google the McFlaggans.

p@
80 of 85  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT10