CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nimrod

1st October 2010, 16:27
Flipper2Law,
A common phrase to describe how effecrtive and profitable organisations are managed.
Concentrate on the last 2 words, 5 & 4.
5 letters, opposite of loose; 4 letters, a vessel obviously linked to sailors.
Then think of phrase - does this help?
61 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

1st October 2010, 16:34
Hi Flipper 10a Is in 'tablets'
62 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

1st October 2010, 16:47
Thanks Karen. Had forgotten to add a comment for 10A!
63 of 81  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

1st October 2010, 19:26
Thank you and thank you'
Both done now: Sue Barker and Ronnie Corbert got
mixed up in 1 down; It was the vessel that was
drunk, not the sailor !!!
64 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

1st October 2010, 20:21
Abslutely correct!
Caravaggio: Congratulations to your son for completing his thesis. Having had to submit work for an M.A. and an M.Sc. I appreciate the hours of writing, rewriting, worry, doubts and proof reading that are involved. Let's hope he is successful. Make you a proud Dad!!!
Best wishes
65 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

1st October 2010, 23:33
So sorry Carravagio, must have scrolled down further than I should have. Huge congats to your son Adam.
66 of 81  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

2nd October 2010, 07:00
Thank you for your kind comments regarding my son's thesis and I've forwarded this page of the Forum to him by email. I don't expect to receive a reply yet because his University mentor has told him to do some serious drinking...
67 of 81  -   Report This Post

butterfly

2nd October 2010, 23:10
Just got back from holiday up north, North Wales & Chester - well it is north for me, so only just finished it. Think I'm the last one again. Just ordered the RT to be delivered so maybe I'll be earlier next week.
68 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

3rd October 2010, 10:44
Butterfly, I too decided, a few months ago to have the RT delivered - a good idea! Although you're not the last. We still have not heard back from Old Gal.
Also you are obviously a very discerning person, with good taste in places to visit in the country ie Chester,Cheshire!!
69 of 81  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd October 2010, 20:53
Yes i am dragging my heels a bit this week. Congratulations to Caravaggio's son and best wishes to you Nimrod for a speedy recovery. Have completed all bar 22a and 17d.
70 of 81  -   Report This Post