CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

robert551069

28th September 2010, 17:19
I have just seen on my computer that Nancy Drew was portrayed by Bonita Granville in the late 1930's Warner Bros slapstick comedies.
The answer to 21 down is, therefore, "Drew"
11 of 81  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th September 2010, 19:18
JfA - thanks for the additional clue, but I'm still lost on 15a. I've got
-e-a-i-
I can think of a word, but not sure how it fits - it relates to the outer layer of skin - is this correct????
I managed to finish it all except for thi one in an hour - which is a miracle for me....
As a matter of interest, I nearly always get the answer, then have to work out how I arrived at it!
Cheers
Chris
12 of 81  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

28th September 2010, 19:35
Hi Chris,

Look within the words 'weaker at inner'...

Regards,

Caravaggio
13 of 81  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

28th September 2010, 21:53
Hi,
didn't time myself this week. i'm a little befuddled with drink. didn't like 6d "Fancy gathering for the opening steam(5)" The "the" seems superfluous. Couldn't quite make Brendan Foster work but what else could it be??
DG
14 of 81  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th September 2010, 22:10
Thanks John and Caravaggio, I actually worked it out for myself - honest! I thought it was a hidden word, but couldn't see it for looking, then when I got the answer, I 'saw'the clue!!!
Cheers everyone - have a good week/end and see you next week, all being well
Chris
15 of 81  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

28th September 2010, 23:40
Perhaps a better clue for 12A would have been:

Gun and boy to encourage sports commentator

Unless anyone knows a boy called "N"!
16 of 81  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th September 2010, 09:08
Hi all! Am about to go out and get the RT but always like to glance thru the thread before starting in order to brace myself.
Must comment I am disappointed at the number of answers given this week - I like to get a little help but prefer to feel I have worked it out myself in the end. I will have to put off looking at the thread until the end of the week (usually the time when I have to admit defeat!)
17 of 81  -   Report This Post

mondrian

29th September 2010, 11:20
Hi old gal. Glad you are back from your hols. I see you are on the go early this morning at 9.08.
I can`t quite get the expression about `tight` sailors. Any hints with 9D?
18 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

29th September 2010, 11:44
Hi Mondrian, 9d 'Hint' If you were to take firm control of a sailing vessel. Hope that helps.
19 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

29th September 2010, 12:40
Good afternoon all!
Finally out of hospital after 2 lengthy surgical attempts to put me right. Second one has, thankfully, been successful but has left me rather sore, bruised and full of stitches!
With lots of spare time you get to think about and reflect on all those "wise words of wisdom," such as:
Practice makes perfect...
A stitch in time....
This is going to hurt me as much as it does you..
Complete nonesense! Don't believe a word!!
Postman has just delivered the RT crossword - so I can now start to clear my brain of those post-anaesthetic blues.
20 of 81  -   Report This Post