CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

30th September 2010, 17:23
Welcome back Nimrod. Sorry to hear they had to have two goes at you. Best wishes for your full recovery.

I seem to be stuck in the top right hand corner. I cannot get `Workings feature key held by queen`, nor can I understand the American city one - my mind goes to the wild west days and cowboys etc for the city but cannot see how the workers are guarded. I am beginning to think I am a thicko too!! Help appreciated.
41 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

30th September 2010, 17:38
Hi Mondrian, 3d Anagram of ant (worker)+safe(Guarded surroundings)= US city. 8a I'm trying to think a clue that would make sense! Will get back to you
42 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

30th September 2010, 17:43
Here goes! The queen is Ma.....ry Holding a facial feature+A (key).Hope that makes sense. If not I'll try something else. Hope I've not confused you further!
43 of 81  -   Report This Post

mondrian

30th September 2010, 17:45
Thank you Karen. It is now so very obvious. Good of you to reply when your children are probably wanting fed! Unless of course they can now feed themselves.
44 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

30th September 2010, 17:52
Hi Mondrian,out of habit I refer to my offspring as 'kids', my daughter is at Uni and my son at college! Still do most of the cooking though,got the hubby to feed!
45 of 81  -   Report This Post

mondrian

30th September 2010, 17:57
I too refer to my offspring as `kids` though they are well and truly grown up with kids of their own. There should be a word for one`s grown up children!!
46 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

30th September 2010, 18:34
Karen/Mondrian thanks for your comments and welcome back to the thread. It is nice to be back in one piece. Possibly, need to check your spellings for 8A??
47 of 81  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th September 2010, 18:35
Karen scrieved:

Here goes! The queen is Ma.....ry Holding a facial feature+A (key).Hope that makes sense. If not I'll try something else. Hope I've not confused you further!

Not that it affects anything else, but I think you'll find that the key is "E".
48 of 81  -   Report This Post

nimrod

30th September 2010, 18:40
Thanks John from Arran, the more I looked at it , the more I started to doubt my spelling - the key is E, not A.
49 of 81  -   Report This Post

karen

30th September 2010, 19:37
Sorry all about my typo,didn't notice my mistake. Hope I did not mislead Mondrian with A instead of E. I am being really thick today. I'll cover myself in sackcoth and ashes.or maybe open the wine. I think open the wine! So sorry.
50 of 81  -   Report This Post