CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

philip

27th August 2010, 15:05
terry and trevor
What on earth do you think you are achieving by all this nonesense.
Let me explain to you how this weekly blog has developed. I have been doing crosswords for just over a year now. When I started there was a lot I did not understand about the cryptic clues. Indeed one of you actually explained to me what words like "return" "regular" etc meant and that helped a lot. So John from Arran and I spontaneously started this blog, based on one weekly crossword that is available TO EVERYONE. The idea was that we would give similar help to newcomers just like you did to me. Nothing smug about that is there?
So please, leave us alone if you dont like what we are doing, its all in the good cause of helping others to understand and is not really intended for people like you who are very proficient at cryptics. There really is no need for you both to sound off in the way that you have, and the real danger is that YOU will put people off.
I prefer you not to reply to this post as it will only prolong what has become a totally unecessary vitrioloic couple of days
PHILIP
81 of 101  -   Report This Post

thicky

27th August 2010, 15:15
Well said PHILIP
I must say I have respected trevor and terry up till now and always welcomed their contributions. As you say, not sure what they have actually achieved except perhaps to make me question their judgement. Sorry just realised you said no replies
82 of 101  -   Report This Post

terry

27th August 2010, 16:29
Sorry about my last two postings. I was completly over the top. Can only plead alcohol overload in mitigation.
83 of 101  -   Report This Post

jk

27th August 2010, 16:34
It did seem obvious you were drunk, Terry, especially at that time of the morning after being at the pub.
84 of 101  -   Report This Post

christabella

27th August 2010, 20:52
I am a very very newcomer to this site and have found it very helpful. I also thought it was brilliant that there was a sort of community of like minded people but I have felt sad tonight to read of this breakdown between people.I am not prudish at all but if people want to converse about wanking and cocks I imagine there are many sites that could accommodate them and those interests. I just want to get help with the crossword to be honest.
85 of 101  -   Report This Post

old gal

27th August 2010, 21:30
Very well said Philip! Welcome Christabella - this is usually a very good helpful site with some banter for light relief! i too hope things dont continue in this vein - please visit us again! Hope the DVD was worth the wait Karen!

Still haven't finished....... too much distraction!!!
86 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th August 2010, 21:48
PHILIP
i know you wanted no reply but as this is neither a blog or a forum you should allow for some intrusion on your weekly thread.

i am truly sorry that my 1st post here (very short,good natured and easy to ignore) lead to Caravaggio being a bit nasty and provocative,which then somehow blossomed into terry's extraordinary drunken outburst.

I wish that people would stop treating me and terry as some sort of double act just because our names look similar(don't get me wrong,i agree with terry almost all of the time).
...btw. Nemo calling us a pair of "abominable sodomites" in Latin hardly raised the tone morally or intellectualy. Maybe he was trying to be funny in Latin?

http://www.vroma.org/~hwalker/VRomaCatullus/057x.html

Anyway, all i want to say is,things got way out of hand on this thread and i was the seed,Caravaggio played a part too,i hope normality will be resumed next week.

87 of 101  -   Report This Post

karen

27th August 2010, 23:51
I've had a few wines myself to-night,I hope we can all kiss and forget,maybe,as RT quizzers,we can still have fun and "chatter"xxxx
88 of 101  -   Report This Post

karen

28th August 2010, 00:11
Sorry old gal.for not responding earlier, the dvd,being portable,is according to my son and daughter is "!fit". Have charged it up,but not used it yet,it's my new kitchen toy! Nighty nightx
89 of 101  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th August 2010, 00:13
Normality, trev? Steady on, old lad...
90 of 101  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35