CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the joker

26th August 2010, 01:52
To NEMO

Si hoc signum legere potes,operis boni in rebus latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes
31 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th August 2010, 01:55
nemo
terry and trevor are not the same person and do not necessararly hold the same views.(carrabungga seems to lump us together because we both have names that begin with a small "t".
Just like his more famous namesake,he is not really feted for imagination or empathty).
This was an empty thread for quite a while, on a quiet night,i posted a short,flippant answer that probably meant more to 90% of a casual reader than the actuall post did, Torvic seemed OK with this.
In fact-until Carcrash posted that frankly, incredible,laughable,i do it in half an hourable,(i am such a martyr to mine ownself) speech nobody seemed to care.
I honestly had/have no intention of spoiling this or any other thread.
ps. why the Latin?

32 of 101  -   Report This Post

the joker

26th August 2010, 02:06
Trevor and Terry
Keep up the good work.
This forum benefits immensely from your answers and also your humour.
There is sadly not enough of the latter in the world today.
33 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th August 2010, 02:50
hi TJ
Is Nemo saying that Me and..sorry ,ahem,- Terry and i.. are sexually perverted individuals with female forms???
34 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th August 2010, 05:05
honestly Nemo.
I can translate your post literally ,but please can you iron out any ambiguities for me?
To put it in plain english,can you put it in plain english.?
35 of 101  -   Report This Post

philip

26th August 2010, 10:15
OK Guys
Can we get back to normal now. When John from Arrun wakes up and sees all of this he will be campaigning for Scottish Independence
PHILIP
36 of 101  -   Report This Post

karen

26th August 2010, 10:15
Hi, out of interest could somebody translate the latin posted by nemo and The Joker for me. I know the roman numerals and a few latin phrases common in the English language,apart from that,nothing! Excuse my igorance!x
P.S. Why latin?
37 of 101  -   Report This Post

terry

26th August 2010, 10:56
Karen,
Why latin?

Well,anyone who habitually drones on and on about how exquisite a particular clue is,how it works on so many interesting levels,is really an analogy of American foreign policy,etc,etc. and on the other hand reaches for the smelling salts if they find a clue less than exquisite is clearly breathing something different to most people. In short,they are away with the fairies.

Off out now,bye.
38 of 101  -   Report This Post

terry

26th August 2010, 10:59
PS. I may be a bit of a perv but I'm definitely not a girly- person.
39 of 101  -   Report This Post

old gal

26th August 2010, 12:00
OK lads - quieten down now and help me with:

23a I kind of want it to be gulliver but it doesnt fit in with 9d answer. No answers - just some help in interpreting the clue.

I do enjoy a little silliness now and again but please stop being so rude to each other. There is a place on this thread for us all...... even very slow old ladies!!!

40 of 101  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35