CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

neil

26th August 2010, 18:59
cum on guys cut the crap. rt is just another crossword. these posts are your idea of a social club. admit it. trevor and terry are not wanted.
51 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th August 2010, 19:14
With all due respect Caravaggio, my apology was aimed at everybody except you. You started the rudeness.

I will say i found your last post quite charming and i don't want to squabble with you. surely you must agree tho, that a post that just says,
eg.
"i thought 2d was a good clue but i didn't like 3,14,26 across"
is a bit exclusive and has less meaning than my first post on this thread?
(yes,one is a crossword,but only has any meaning if you have this particular crossword.why should this thread have its own set of rules?)
Anyway, as Crypto said - happy ever after.

btw. i think Hari-Kari is nowadays perfectly acceptable(as a spelling,not the act of..)

52 of 101  -   Report This Post

chris4food

26th August 2010, 19:21
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!! I started reading the thread and laughed at trevor's and terry's banter, and then it all became very serious. I've been on other threads for other puzzles, and some are quite insane - I like this one because they give help without giving away too much of the clues. I don't want hte answers handed to me on a plate!! Also, on a number of occasions I've got the right answer, but fail to see how/why, and the comments posted often show me this.
Let's all be friends - I really do like this site.
Good luck with the DVD player, Karen - you might receive it in time for Christmas at this rate!!
By the way, Old Gal - I'm another one - slow, but [not always!] sure!!
53 of 101  -   Report This Post

bees

26th August 2010, 19:23
Hello chaps,
Stop that fighting at the back!
(Shouldn't it be seppuku?)
To the point - do we have a consensus on 21d, single person heard? Should it end in an E, so that it sounds like a single person. Or should it end in an O, being the sound made by a single person?
54 of 101  -   Report This Post

chris4food

26th August 2010, 19:23
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!! I started reading the thread and laughed at trevor's and terry's banter, and then it all became very serious. I've been on other threads for other puzzles, and some are quite insane - I like this one because they give help without giving away too much of the clues. I don't want the answers handed to me on a plate!! Also, on a number of occasions I've got the right answer, but fail to see how/why, and the comments posted often show me this.
Let's all be friends - I really do like this site.
Good luck with the DVD player, Karen - you might receive it in time for Christmas at this rate!!
By the way, Old Gal - I'm another one - slow, but [not always!] sure!!
PS What did all that Latin mean? It was all Dutch to me....
55 of 101  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th August 2010, 19:30
don't know what the bloody clue is,do i, are you trying to be funny?
(only joking - although i don't have the clue).
56 of 101  -   Report This Post

terry

26th August 2010, 19:36
You've got to agree. This thread specifically aims to be exclusive. As Neil might have said, if you are not in the club bugger off.
57 of 101  -   Report This Post

horace

26th August 2010, 19:41
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo
58 of 101  -   Report This Post

xerces

26th August 2010, 19:42
Et tu, Horace.
59 of 101  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

26th August 2010, 19:45
Bees: Think person and then relate to a lost ****! Off to watch Villa v Rapid Vienna. Pax vobiscum!
60 of 101  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 35