CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT31

manxman

28th July 2010, 22:20
Old gal....24a is an anagram of "rivers" around a 3 letter word for "delve"
41 of 84  -   Report This Post

deekay

29th July 2010, 09:12
Help!
I only have 16a ('County Inspector (7)) left and despite having three of the letters, I still can't see it - unless my problem is that I have either 9d or 5d wrong which give me an 'O' and 'R' respectively. I still don't fully understand 5d anyway but have noted previous comments about it being a bad clue.

Deekay
P.S.
Quite willing to engage in a time-share arrangement on the week's winning DVD recorder prize!
42 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

29th July 2010, 09:44
Hi Deekay, 16a Name of a tv detective. You should have ?E?F?R?. Begins with w. Hope that helps!
43 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

29th July 2010, 09:55
Hi chris and old gal,sorry been off air since early evening yesterday. I'd only just found I'd won everyman(by letter with book tokens and comp slip,before they printed winners the following sunday)for fun checked RT and there was my name in print again! But couldn't be sure as there was no comformation from RT, until a dvd disc arrived yesterday!
44 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

29th July 2010, 10:42
Hi old gal,dont know if you have 24a yet,if not the letters you should have are ?E?D?G?IS. Anagram of rivers+digs. Hope that helps.Karen
45 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

29th July 2010, 10:45
Sorry old gal that should be anagram of rivers+dig
46 of 84  -   Report This Post

nimrod

29th July 2010, 10:49
Good morning all.
Congratulations to Karen. Well done!!
Old Gal, sorry if I misled you with a rather loose and possibly misleading statement earlier when discussing 24a. Follow the clue from Manxman.
However,when you have the answer - the word is also an American river flowing into the Arkansas river. The river got its name from its green and greyish colour suggesting the presence of copper ore. I recall this being mentioned as "footnote" comment on a Geography field trip in Cornwall. So my mind patterns were working on a totally personal level rather than following the clue! Sorry!!!
47 of 84  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th July 2010, 11:31
Thanks to everyone - always easy to see when given a little help. I dont ever send in my results as have a DVD recorder - just do it for the fun (and headaches!!!) f
48 of 84  -   Report This Post

nimrod

29th July 2010, 19:06
Headaches....???... Red winew works for me!!
Stay in touch with the thread.
49 of 84  -   Report This Post

nimrod

29th July 2010, 19:10
Mistake on the keyboard, honestly. Not had a drink since lasy Saturday!!
50 of 84  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT31