CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT31

nimrod

27th July 2010, 22:17
Caravaggio - I went with the idea of Philip. In the end I just focused on the "cloth" part of the clue.
Finally managed 5d, which was amusing, once I had shifted into the right thought pattern. 15a was also, in my opinion a toughie but well set. Crossword finally completed but a much tougher one this week!
Philip you should be ok tomorrow but remember make no sudden moves to spook the natives. Remember what happened to Captain Cook! A bunch of shiny trinkets will go down well. Any problems and I'm sure that you will e-mail us all next week. Finally, the currency market here is unpredictable - so haggle for the best conversion rate on the day!
Seriosly, the Grosvenor Museum is worth a visit - have fun.
Must stop writing these mini essays.
21 of 84  -   Report This Post

helena

27th July 2010, 22:24
Just one word of warning if you ar staying overnight in Chester, there is a little known law which has never been repealled that if a Welshman is still within the walls of Chester, after sun down, the Chestrians can shoot them with a bow and arrow, but no need to worry if you're not Welsh.
22 of 84  -   Report This Post

nimrod

27th July 2010, 22:31
Helena, I've always thought that we could hang them from the city walls without fear of legal retribution. Have I been doing it wrong for the past ** years??
Philip,you have no Welsh blood relatives?? I hope!!
23 of 84  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th July 2010, 00:10
Helena - speaking as a former Cestrian - surely there is no 'h' in the word. By the way, there's ten tonies to a crony......
I, too, got plaid, but thought it was incorrect cos it was such an awful clue.... and still struggling on the remaining four....
24 of 84  -   Report This Post

rob

28th July 2010, 10:13
Help!! Stuck on 15 across.Any help appreciated.
25 of 84  -   Report This Post

nimrod

28th July 2010, 11:01
Think of printing signs: double dagger mark.
Then the second half of the clue asks "the" foreign flower. Think a simple word for "the" (feminine) in French.
Put 2 words together for a flower - beginning with L.
26 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

28th July 2010, 11:06
Hi Rob, The answer is a flower,the 2 outside letters from the French,the 5 middle letters is the plural of a printing reference mark. If that doesnt help if nobody minds I'll post the answer!
27 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

28th July 2010, 11:08
Nimrods answer much better than mine!
28 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

28th July 2010, 11:48
Hi all,this morning I received a DVD of "The Brothers" with no letter. Could this be a sign from RT? I wait in antipitation!
29 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

28th July 2010, 11:51
Or anticipation even!
30 of 84  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT31