CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT31

caravaggio

28th July 2010, 11:57
Hi Karen,

The thought has occurred to me that the DVD may well form part of your prize as it's usual for the Radio Times give away a particular DVD with the main prize. In all probablity, your Toshiba DVD recorder [if that was the main prize] will arrive from a different source so keep your fingers crossed and so will I!

With kind regards,

Caravaggio
31 of 84  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

28th July 2010, 12:03
Hi,
Just finished although i needed a little help this week. 15a: I wouldn't have got the dagger marks without working back from the flower. There are parts that seem to fit but i don't know why. Eg 14d and 24a. It isn't as satisfying if you have to "cheat" and i'm not always impressed by the prize so its the challenge that is the important bit. Maybe I should allow a few days before using the forum...
DG
32 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

28th July 2010, 12:06
Hi Caravaggio, thats what I thought. You'd think they could at least pop a comp slip in,Everyman did
33 of 84  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th July 2010, 15:40
I got more clues answered this week and more quickly than usual but am totally stuck on 14D and 15A. And can only think of Orvieto as the Italian town but do not see the connection to the clue.

I agree with the answer Plaid.

Well done to Karen in her winnings. It is good to know that a real person does win!!
34 of 84  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

28th July 2010, 15:50
Hi everyone,
Only have six left to do. Many babies suck a
dummy which some shops call comforters.
Keep smiling.
35 of 84  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th July 2010, 15:58
Thanks flipper2law. I should have got that one!!
36 of 84  -   Report This Post

bella

28th July 2010, 15:58
a little help for Mondrian for 3d ....wear=fray
37 of 84  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th July 2010, 19:46
Hi All - thanks for the subtle help on this one - although I got the answers just couldn't see the relevance....and could kick myself - got 15a almost immediately, but couldn't work out the middle bit....
So, finally done and dusted - not an easy one...
Hey, Karen, does that mean you also won an Everyman prize, too?????? WOW
38 of 84  -   Report This Post

old gal

28th July 2010, 21:32
Karen - glad to hear your prize (or part of it) arrived. Could you please help me on 24a - i was lower than bottom at geography and stand no chance of getting this clue. Am still pottering on with about 8 to go but will persevere with the others. Thanks in advance for additional clue.....
39 of 84  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

28th July 2010, 22:16
Hi Old Gal,

I'm surprised that you've not received a reply yet so I'll rush to your rescue.

The key word here is deposit - and in this case it's a green coating which appears on copper and brass...

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
40 of 84  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT31