CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rrrobbo

15th September 2016, 18:46
Cw99 that's what I got too plus a 3 letter word in each.
91 of 95  -   Report This Post

pbzepellin

16th September 2016, 18:14
I am stuck on 9d.. is 8d Thighs?

If so does 9d start with C (maybe celebs) or H of the word SNITCH

and is 13a AVAIL?

Also need help with 18a. Wall Street office .. does it start with J of Navajos?
92 of 95  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

17th September 2016, 00:38
The H of snitch was the start of Hyades going down, I don't have the paper with clues and numbers any more, maybe rrobbo will be able to help further
93 of 95  -   Report This Post

pbzepellin

17th September 2016, 06:33
Thank you Trackerpup.. Hyades was a help

This is my secnd Listener and i seem to need lots of help since there is a lot of local slang involved :) have somehow filled in most of the top half

am still stuck on 18a.. i have guessed the 15 letter and two word theme of course but want to complete it so i can do the next steps..

just wanted to check that when all of you filled in the original grid...all the 144 squares had letters in them? or were some blank
94 of 95  -   Report This Post

crosswhit99

17th September 2016, 08:16
Thanks rrobbo, shall wait to see !!

Yes, the entire grid should be full before the blacking out, though I confess I hadn't solved 3 clues in the SE quad by the end - as their answers' mutually checked and unchecked letters were blacked out it didn't matter !

9d is the clue to HYADES, there is no entry at the top of the penultimate column

18a does begin with J and is a 6-letter slang word often preceded by 'rubber' ('protective' in the sense of against disease/conception) less the usual stately abbreviation, 'office' being a US slang synonym of the answer (also slang !)
95 of 95  -   Report This Post