CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pkd

4th September 2016, 18:47
There's a Golden Snitch in Harry Potter (quidditch game) - might be that
21 of 95  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

4th September 2016, 19:34
My wife is a fan of harry potter and she gave me the answer. Harry plays a game called quidditch in which he chases a 'snitch'. I have one clue which is causing me a problem i.e 15a . I have 'scragg??' and the only word I can think of is 'scraggly' which doesn't appear to satisfy the wordplay. Any hints please!
22 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

4th September 2016, 19:38
I just this minute wrote scragged. Scag is horse. Aged without a. R missing. It could be dodgy though!
23 of 95  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

4th September 2016, 20:02
Thanks rrrobbo , seems reasonable to me. I also have a problem with Wintonian's comment about the omitted letters in the bottom half . At the moment I have only one unchecked letter i.e 'I'. The letter I need is an 'O' which on my grid are all checked. I assume I must have gone wrong somewhere !
24 of 95  -   Report This Post

meursault

4th September 2016, 20:23
Uncle_W, the 'I' you have - I take it that is in 37A. The 'O' you are missing is the 2nd letter of 40A.
25 of 95  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

4th September 2016, 20:27
Thanks meursault .
26 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

4th September 2016, 22:22
Oh so close and now work beckons tomorrow. I will need all my brain for that I think. I am missing a few letters (not to mention the understanding of a lot of parsing, but that can come later). As ever, without hopefully asking too much so as to give a lot away -

- 32a last letter. I think a or s. Leaning towards S because of the letters backwards. I have 5 'missing letters' in this word - seems extreme. Is that right?
- 34d first letter (I don't have the third either but 3/4 should be enough 8-)) plus it helps with.....
- 33a begins GE right?

I am not certain I have 27d but those should help. Thanks.
27 of 95  -   Report This Post

krauton

4th September 2016, 22:39
- 32a last letter. I think a or s. Leaning towards S because of the letters backwards. I have 5 'missing letters' in this word - seems extreme. Is that right?

ends in a

- 34d first letter (I don't have the third either but 3/4 should be enough 8-)) plus it helps with.....

first letter b

- 33a begins GE right?

starts go

28 of 95  -   Report This Post

greengage

5th September 2016, 08:41
Thanks pkd, sorry for delayed gratitude; watched the football then lost will to live. Can see the four Ds but can't yet see the shapes; are the ten cells in each quad in one block or rows of 5, for example?
29 of 95  -   Report This Post

pkd

5th September 2016, 08:55
Hi Greengage,

Yes, the football is all so achingly predictable.

No, the blocked out cells are mostly singles and the finished crossword looks very much like an ordinary crossword grid (like the concise crossword)
30 of 95  -   Report This Post