CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

uncle_w

7th September 2016, 23:08
For those struggling with the 90 degree symmetry try the following: make a copy of the xword, enter the phrase onto the copy and cut out those letters with a craft knive ; you now have a template which you can rotate 90 degrees three tmes to enter the sacrosanct letters each time. No mistakes that way !
81 of 95  -   Report This Post

dottie

8th September 2016, 04:35
That's a good idea uncle w, I'll give that a go.
82 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

8th September 2016, 08:22
Yes, that's a nice idea. But then you need to keep chopping bits out as you guess the other letters and if you chop the wrong one, you are back to another template ha ha.....

Escuan, the lines do chop words but only by one letter in each example
83 of 95  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

8th September 2016, 10:25
The template I used is only valid for entering the 41 sancrosant letters. You then have a visual pattern of the grid symmetrical pattern . Discard the template after that .
84 of 95  -   Report This Post

orson

8th September 2016, 10:58
That extra R, rrrobo, made all the difference and I've just about finished. I was a little disappointed with the final revelation as I was expecting something more out of Dr Who, given the two-word phrase, and all that blacking out seemed like an unnecessary hurdle as we could have gone straight from the completed grid to the four thematic words.
85 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

8th September 2016, 16:19
You didn't spot the hidden tardis pattern then? 8-)? Of course, without the lines, Shark could not have called it Quads 2. I get your point but I guess there does have to be some end play and although it could be deemed a bit underwhelming for the effort, it is still very clever.
86 of 95  -   Report This Post

crosswhit99

14th September 2016, 20:16
I thought there were twenty 6-letter words in the final grid, 5 in each quad, but I had a 2-letter "word" in each also, which seems inelegant and therefore is probably wrong ?
87 of 95  -   Report This Post

pbzepellin

15th September 2016, 12:12
rrrobbo

Tough.. !! talk about it.. was rather sick and missed the last 2 listeners.. started on this but am totally zapped on how to proceed.. i have 6a as SNITCH .. but i am unable to put anything in place since 1a is not full. i have F???ED...is that right? 1d is FIFTHS.. but i do really need 1a to get anywhere with this grid.. please help
88 of 95  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

15th September 2016, 17:40
Speaking from memory was 1a fasted? With agar, sedans Tsetses going downwards? May be wrong ...
89 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

15th September 2016, 18:02
I still have a copy and yes, those are correct. I'll check in periodically if you need more help.
90 of 95  -   Report This Post