CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rrrobbo

5th September 2016, 21:12
I think I got it. Was on the right track.
41 of 95  -   Report This Post

pkd

5th September 2016, 21:14
Hello rrrobbo,

90 degree symmetry. Thematically linked. Same direction (using the 90 degree symmetry). Different letters changed
42 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

5th September 2016, 21:37
So, I have two words plus I think a third, which I don't really like the s on the end, but fits. The fourth, well, does it end in s and rather define what the others are in terms of what they do? I suppose my third word could be one letter shorter than the other two - what makes us think they are all the same length?
43 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

5th September 2016, 22:08
Doh. Of course they have to be the same length. Sometimes I think the dumbest things...,,sorry.
44 of 95  -   Report This Post

pkd

5th September 2016, 22:13
Hmmm... I have three different word lengths which together describe the phrase/theme?
45 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

5th September 2016, 22:34
i just can't quite get there. My last word starts with s before any change. I can make one or two words that might fit, but they mess up two longish words. My other changes make proper words for all. Maybe i have something wrong. I can't parse 25d but crossers suggest the middle letters are not the same letter.......oh, maybe some sleep......
46 of 95  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

6th September 2016, 06:10
Awoke with inspiration at 5:54. I guess I just need to calm down a little and aford myself a little more thinking time. 8-)
47 of 95  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th September 2016, 08:04
rrobbo - I think you have contracted Listeneritis - once caught difficult to shake off.
48 of 95  -   Report This Post

xij

6th September 2016, 08:52
Listeneritis. So that's what I have. Can't sleep, house is a mess. This crossword is driving me mad. Done everything needed, even got the four shapes (I think), but cannot see the words to change. Been looking for two days now. I assume they're all six letter words. Anyone give me a nudge where to start looking in the first shape. Either that or the name of a cleaner.
49 of 95  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th September 2016, 09:15
Hopefully your condition will improve once you have looked down the diagonals and found four dimensions (each with two letters that must be changed).
50 of 95  -   Report This Post