CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

13th June 2012, 10:45
Thanks, emrach.
68 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2012, 13:11
Well, well, this has become THE place to air one's pest problems. I have a troublesome neighbor I'd like to get rid of. Any suggestions?
Rambler, perhaps you should take a leaf out of my woodchuck's tactics book and climb a tree; you may get a clearer picture from above (you know, the way long-buried towns have been revealed by raking sunlight), and you might even get in a good shot with your blowgun as a bonus.
When you said that Mrs. R was going to Boston for meths I thought for a moment that she might be involved in an international drug cartel, but then I of course remembered that you've adopted many of our New England town names for your own use and figured that you can find excellent drug deals without leaving the UK. By the way, I've thought about visiting Lincolnshire, but someone recently told me that it's full of crazed-looking weapon-wielders and that the whole place smells like a pissoir.
69 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 13:59
aristo, in reference to getting rid of your pesky neighbour....

Smother them with love and kindness,smile, hug, take gifts, suggest getting together, go OTT with friendliness and bon ami. It seems to me that in our strange times, being nice to someone is likely to make them run a mile!
70 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2012, 14:08
Gosh, I never would have thought of being nice. Perhaps rambler should consider it too!
71 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 14:17
Well, I almost suggested yesterday that he took a 'Hamlet moment' and just sat in his garden with mole hills abounding. G & T in one hand crossword in other. Perhaps inviting the neighbours round to help pick names for the little critters. Maybe an adoption scheme-- the possibilities are endless. We could start an 'adopt your own mole website'. Hug a mole week. see where I'm going? Any other suggestions?
72 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 14:19
We are all nice here

http://www.woodhallspa.org/
73 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 14:23
Ohh, that's really pretty. What a nice place. We not far, must visit.
74 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2012, 14:26
I didn't know it was possible to be officially nice, but it seems you must be. And you all speak French! So does my pesky neighbor...
75 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 15:00
And you didn't thank me for post 46 - just too affluent.
76 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 15:08
I read that recipe yesterday. think i mentioned i was going to cook spaghetti bolegnesse last night but saw that my culinary skills had been challenged by a tempting new repas.
Wondered whether my reference to a 'Hamlet moment' would cause a 'tumble weed moment'.
77 of 86  -   Report This Post