CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

13th June 2012, 15:18
Posts crossed I meant 77
81 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 15:26
Oh, i see now. Well, u posted a recipie, i read it-chuckled. Made reference to cooking it for bobs dad, then, tried to be funny about getting fur stuck in teeth.
82 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 15:34
No Bm, I wondered if the 'Hamlet moment' referred to smoking a small cigar or something from Shakespeare and I wasn't sure about 'tumble weed'. We've got really tangled up!
83 of 86  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2012, 15:41
Pardon my remissness, rambler. Thank you for the recipe, but one has to be able to outsmart the critter to get it into the oven. Hm. My beagle has been a real pest lately, and he doesn't have scent glands...
84 of 86  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

13th June 2012, 15:48
Ok.No probs Yes I'm of a certain age
to remember the Hamlet advert and its connotations of relaxing etc. the 'tumble weed' connotation comes from western movies where you saw a deserted town with just tumble weed blowing through, often with no sound or a haunting sound of desolateness and emptiness. My older teenage children often refer to this when i stare at them blankly, when they are conversing in their own language!! Really it just means you haven't got a clue whats happening. Nothing between the ears etc. Like me most days really.
Have u seen the row on the Mc Millan thread? Not good news!
85 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

13th June 2012, 15:54
Thanks, Bm - I thought I was missing something but all's OK.

I think the last post may shut AS up. I've been involved in a few spats so best not to say too much.
86 of 86  -   Report This Post